Chapter Two

Posting this for  @tayla_meeker and obviously Chloe

________

I stand in the kitchen watching Liam and Mason make dinner and converse about work, thinking about the thing inside of me.

It's been six hours. Liam still doesn't know.

Sofie drew a bath for me and made me get in it. She told me it was going to be okay and promised she wouldn't tell anybody.

She keeps shooting me signals to tell Liam, but I'm scared.

I know he's not going to take off. He loves me and he wants kids.

But we don't want them now.

What if he doesn't want them yet? Can he make me get an abortion?

I don't think he would do that, but the thought that he might not want this terrifies me.

He wanted to get married first, and then get our huge house, adopt a puppy, and have a baby after a year of marriage.

We aren't even engaged yet.

We have spent so many nights awake talking about our future.

We never thought this was going to happen so...early.

What is he going to think? Will he be angry? How is this going to work?

"So ladies, how were your days?" Mason asks, trying to make conversation.

Almost a year ago, I walked in to Sofie's room to ask her if she had my phone charger and she was on top of Mason.

Now they have been together for ten months.

My mind drifts back to the baby and I feel myself getting frustrated because I'm happy.

I'm happy that I'm pregnant. The thought of bringing another life into this world that was created out of Liam and I's love...it's magnificent.

But what if Liam and I aren't ready? What if Liam doesn't want the baby?

What do we do then? How am I going to handle this?

I don't want to have an abortion, but I don't want to give the baby up for adoption, either.

How is Liam going to handle the news?

I'm afraid.

I'm afraid we can't afford a baby. I'm afraid Liam doesn't want the baby.

At least, not this one.

And me? I'm terrified. I like planning, but this was unplanned and it's horrifying to think about. We aren't ready for this.

But we have no choice, and what if Liam doesn't see it that way.

"Savannah!" Mason says loudly.

My head snaps up, my eyes locking on Mason.

"What?" I ask.

"We've been talking to you for like, three minutes and you haven't said a word. Are you even listening to me?"

I look at three sets of eyes staring at me.

And my mind takes over and I feel so stressed and panicked and scared.

I'm so scared.

I feel like I'm going to suffocate in this house.