Chapter Twenty

So you guys asked to see Savannah's parents and to see Theo so I'm doing Savannah's parents first but I added Noah and Savannah in there because I realized I never showed you guys anybody but Sofie, Mason, Liam, and Sav

__________

Right after Caroline and Owen left, Savannah came out and went to the kitchen. She had Theo with her, and I heard her going through the fridge. It was after dinner and I had brought her a plate at dinner time but she just kind of shook her head at me, so I wrapped it up and put it in the fridge.

When I heard her going through the fridge, I went in there and grabbed her plate and gave it to her.

She mumbled a thank you and left it at that.

She stood at the counter and ate, put the plate in the dishwasher, and went back to the room.

She thanked me so I took that as progress.

It's past eleven at night and I really would like to go to bed.

Noah and Aria left hours ago and Mason and Sofie went to bed.

I make my way into the bedroom and she's awake, sitting in bed with the lamp on. Theo is sleeping on her chest, and she's reading a book.

She looks at me when I walk in, and then goes back to her book.

I remove my jeans and my t-shirt, getting into bed in just my boxers.

She turns her head to look at me, and then she closes the book, puts her hands on Theo, and stands up, leaving the room.

The moment she's gone, I sigh.

I'm so fricken frustrated with this whole situation. I have never had her go completely quiet on me before.

After a few minutes, she comes back and shuts the door. Theo isn't with her, which tells me she went and put him in the crib.

She turns on the baby monitor, and then she takes off her pants so she's wearing only my t-shirt and some panties.

She gets back in bed, but she doesn't lie down.

When I turn to look at her, she actually holds my gaze.

With her actually looking at me, I realize how tired she looks.

Last night in the hotel, I'm fairly certain she didn't sleep, and the night before that, we were worried we were going to have to separate, so neither one of us slept.

And come to think of it, I don't remember waking up with Theo last night, which means that she did, because there's no way a six day old baby slept all night.

Does that mean she hasn't slept in two full days?

I roll on my side to face her and prop my head up against my hand, studying her.

She has dark bags under her eyes, and her ocean blue eyes look bloodshot. She looks completely exhausted.

I know I'm supposed to give her space, but I can't help it.

"When's the last time you slept?" I murmur softly. I don't expect her to answer me, but I hope that she does.

She holds my gaze, opening her mouth to answer me, but then she closes it.

After a few more seconds, she sighs.

"I don't know."

Her voice is soft and vulnerable, and she sounds exhausted.