Chapter Twenty Four

Liam

When we got home, Savannah took Theo straight to the nursery to change his diaper and feed him.

She closed the door, which told me she wanted me to leave her alone, so I did.

But after his feeding, after he stayed awake for a little while, he went back to sleep and she came out of the nursery, but she still won't talk about it.

She's sitting in the recliner with a book.

She always sits next to me, and I find it funny that she's on the recliner instead of the loveseat.

She knows there isn't enough room for me, and that's the only reason she's on the recliner.

Even after everything with Damien and Sabrina, she still hasn't spoken to me about it.

She's acting like nothing happened, but in the last few weeks, she has woken up screaming every single night except for one.

She's going to have to talk about it at some point. Every time she goes through something and she talks about it, she starts to get better.

Shoving all of her pain aside won't solve anything, and seeing her pretending like she's not terrified to go to sleep every night is frustrating because I can see straight through all of her masks.

I know she's not okay, even if she's pretending that she is.

And now she's mad at me and instead of being an adult and talking about it, she's just ignoring me.

I lock my phone screen and set it on the couch, folding my arms across my chest.

We have been in a relationship for five years this December. We don't have communication problems, so why isn't she talking?

I take a deep breath.

"I'm mad at you," I decide.

Her eyes snap up from her book so fast that my stomach lurches.

Probably shouldn't have said that. Good going, dumbass.

Her ocean blue eyes narrow at me.

"You're mad at me?" she repeats.

Well I've already dug the hole. Might as well bury myself.

"Yes," I say.

She slams her book shut.

"Why are you mad at me?" she points to herself and raises a perfectly sculpted eyebrow.

She's very attractive when she's angry.

I can tell we're about to get into a fight, so I take a deep breath.

"Because you're being absolutely ridiculous. You have known me for fifteen years, Savannah, fifteen years, yet you seriously think that I meant that you were fucked up? Really?"

"Uh, you did say that, so," she shrugs her shoulders and I sigh. She has such an attitude.

"That's not what I meant," I say. "And it pisses me off that you think I meant it."

"You said it, Liam. The words left your mouth!" she exclaims, standing up.

She turns around and walks into the kitchen. I follow her.

"I'm sorry, but I really don't remember saying 'Savannah, you're fucked up.'"

She turns around so fast that I bump into her.