Chapter Five

Sofie and Mason walk with Liam and I through the airport. Sofie keeps going on and on about Hawaii and the beach and how the water is clearer than the water in Florida. I hear her talking about rainbows and mountains, but I'm barely focusing on her.

Mason and Sofie have been planning to come to Hawaii, and this year when her parents tolder her they were going to Europe for the holidays, she took it as an opportunity to come. Mason is from the north east of the united states and the only ocean he has seen is in Oregon, which is nowhere near the same as Hawaii.

After contacting my parents, my Mom offered for them to come to Hawaii for the holidays with us.

With the four of us getting two weeks of paid vacation off, they agreed.

A month ago when the decision was made, Sofie kept saying how excited she was to meet Aiden and Aubrey.

Me? I'm not excited for either.

See, ever since the incident with Liam's family, we have avoided coming back here at all costs. My parents told us they didn't care who went were, as long a they saw us.

For the last three years, Mom and Dad have come to us, flying Aria and Noah with them, but this year, Aria, my brother's wife of two years, is seven months pregnant, and we weren't about to make her get on a plane for an eight hour flight.

So this year we're going to them.

And it's not that Liam and I hate Hawaii.

In fact, I find myself longing to come back.

I miss the ocean. I miss the sun. I mis the rain.

I love Hawaii, but I hate the bad memories here.

I hate knowing my kidnapping was three houses down the road. I hate knowing Liam's family is within a ten mile radius.

I don't want to have to look over my shoulder when I come here.

I haven't seen Aiden since I cussed him out four years ago, and Sofie keeps telling me he probably still lives with his parents.

Since I was having morning sickness this morning, we got to the airport a little later than we planned to, so they're already boarding when we get to the gate.

Sofie placed herself beside Liam at the window. We all agreed I should have the aisle since I'm going to be making frequent trips to the bathroom. Liam sits between Sofie and I, and Mason sits to my left in the center aisle. He's close enough that I could reach out and touch him.

I untangle my headphones and settle into my seat, putting my seatbelt on.

A half hour later when everyone is seated and the plane starts to roll, I put my head on the headrest and shut my eyes, taking a slow deep breath.

Yeah, this is going to be the worst flight of my life.

_________

I got up and went to the bathroom sixteen times, but not once did I throw up.

I was so nauseous that I sat in the bathroom and cried because I just wanted to throw up so I wouldn't be so nauseous.

I feel the plane roll to a stop and I'm so exhausted from feeling like garbage.

The moment the attendant says to unbuckle our seatbelts and leave the plane, I remove mine.

Liam puts his hand on my thigh.

"We should wait until everyone else is off," he says. "It'll be easier to get off."