Chapter Nineteen

Do you guys want to see a picture of anybody?

_________

Liam

She didn't speak.

She stood there and threw up, and then started breathing like she was having an asthma attack. I went inside and asked the guard what she saw, and he told me she saw Damien and Sabrina.

I tried to talk to her but it was like...like she wasn't even there.

I drove all the way back to Nebraska. When I asked her what she wanted to eat, she didn't answer me. I picked something random for her and she would eat it, but she just won't talk. She would feed Theo if I placed him right in front of her.

When we got to the hotel, I asked her if she wanted to take a shower, and she curled up on the mattress and stayed there.

I took a shower while Theo slept, but I don't know if she went to sleep.

I fell asleep beside her and woke up every time Theo did. She fed him when he needed it, but the sound of his cries were like the only thing she responded to. She just won't talk.

I held onto the hope that she would get better when we got home, but she went straight to the bedroom and the only time she comes out is when Theo starts crying.

I had called the family on the drive back home and they all came back, and they're all here, but Savannah just...isn't.

I thought I had seen her as her worst, but seeing her like this is making me wonder if I'm wrong.

I brought her back up from a low point before, though, and I can do it again. I will do it a billion times over if that's what she needs.

I'm so stressed out though. I want to pull my fricken hair out.

With Theo sleeping in his swing, I sit down next to Mason on the couch and rub my fingers through my hair.

The TV isn't on because we're all just worried.

I feel like I've gone past worried. I'm close to hysteria.

I'm close to hysteria because last time Savannah was this low, she was sitting in my truck and she told me she wanted to die.

She told me she wanted to die.

Now she's not saying anything, and the thought that she could potentially be wanting to end her life without me knowing about it?

It makes me feel like bricks are stacked up on my chest. The thought that she's not okay terrifies me, so I'm terrified all the time now because I know she's hurting.

I'm not sure how to get her to talk to me. I don't know how to handle her when she's like this.

Across the house, I hear a door shut. Everyone is in here, which means it was Savannah.

A moment later, I hear the shower turn on.

Good. She's taking a shower.

"We have options," Caroline says to break the tense silence. "There are things we can do to help her. She can go to therapy. She should have gone to therapy the moment she got back from Iowa, but she refused, and we had just gotten her back. We didn't want to push her."

"Therapy could be a good idea," Noah says.

"What do you guys think about that?" Caroline asks.

"I'm willing to do anything to get her back," Sofie says. "If that means dragging her stubborn, blonde-headed ass to therapy, I'm game."