Chapter VII

"MENG!" A voice of a guy called her.

Lumingon siya at napangiti. She waited for him to come near her. She likes watching him every damn time. Hindi niya alam kung bakit tila addicted na ata siya dito.

"Kanina ka pa?" tanong nito nang makalapit sa kanya. He sat down at the seat next to her.

"Of course. I have morning classes. Have you forgotten?" Tinawanan niya ito nang lumabi.

She opened her notes and started to read. May quiz kasi siya sa last class niya mamaya. Hindi siya pwedeng bumagsak doon, because it is one of her major.

"Reviewing?" tanong muli ng katabi niya. "Do you need help?"

Umiling siya. "Kaya ko na 'to. Just stay there." She smiled at him and he smiled back.

She knew he was looking at her intently. Nasanay na siya doon. Ganito naman sila lagi halos araw-araw. They were almost inseparable. Pwera na lang kapag uuwi dahil magkaiba sila ng condo building.

"Staring is rude, you know," she looked at him. "You should learn to stare at people, 'yung tipong hindi nila malalaman."

He laughed at her. "What if I want that someone to know that I'm staring? And that I like watching her?"

Natigilan siya. "Oh well..." she was lost for words. Hindi siya nakasagot. Hindi niya alam kung ano ang dapat na isasagot dito.

"I want you to know that you're the only girl I'll stare like this. This..." he looked at her.

His stare lingers. His eyes tells her everything she needs to know. He's giving away his feelings towards her. And that made her smile widely. That's what she likes about him. Transparent enough for her to feel secured and contented.

"Bolero," she retorted before looking down at her notes again.

Narinig pa niya ang pagtawa nito ngunit nag-focus na lang siya sa pagbabasa. She can't risk her grades for his stare. That can wait. They have all the time in the world.

Meng opened her eyes and she could feel the tears falling down the sides of her face. She wiped it off and lay on her back.

What was that all about? She asked herself.

She tried to reach for her phone at the bedside table. She quickly unlocked it to see what time is it. It's already nine forty-five. She should not be wasting anymore of her time. Dapat ay makapunta na agad siya sa resto.

Bumangon siya ngunit nanatiling nakaupo sa ibabaw ng kama. Nakatulala siya sa pader habang iniisip ang sariling panaginip.

They guy's face was blurry in that dream. Ni hindi niya alam kung totoo ba na nangyari iyon o hindi. She just know that she misses that particular person, whoever that is. Or if he's even existing. Her own tears were proof that she misses him. Pero hindi niya naman alam kung sino ito.

How could she miss someone she didn't even know? Why does she felt sad knowing that she'll never see that guy again? It makes her wonder who he is. O baka nga panaginip lang naman talaga at walang kinalaman sa kanya.