Epilogue

"Is Remember a true to life story?"

Noon lamang natauhan si RJ nang marinig ang partikular na tanong. Napatingin siya sa mga taong nasa harap. They suddenly became quiet. Tila hinihintay ang magiging sagot niya.

He took a deep breath. Maybe it's the right time to tell them the truth. Wala namang mawawala kung sasabihin niya sa mga ito ang totoo.

"Yes, it is." He answered.

Nag-ingay muli ang paligid. Halos lahat ng tao ay may mga tanong. Nakikita rin niya kung paano naging emosyonal ang mga ito.

Masyado ngang masakit ang lahat ng mga nangyari sa dalawa. Fate had played them well. So well that they both didn't end up together and didn't even had the chance to be happy again.

"How are you related to them?" The emcee asked what the crowd has been asking.

"RJ's my grandfather and Meng was his first and last love." Dagdag niya. "They were born in the 1990s. I just changed some names of the characters but the story is still the same."

"They really didn't end up together?" tanong ng emcee.

He nodded as a confirmation. "Yes, they didn't end up together. Lolo RJ died fifty seven years ago. While Lola Meng had Dementia. And all that she can remember most of the time was my Lolo and their story."

He looked at the crowd and he saw them teary-eyed. It was a tragic love story, yes, but it was a beautiful story that the people deserve to know. That somehow somewhere in the year 2010 to 2020, a guy loved a girl without asking for anything in return. It was the purest and genuine kind of love that everybody deserves to experience.

"It was fate that they didn't end up together," dagdag niya. "Maswerte siguro ako kasi hindi nakatuluyan ng Lolo ko si Lola Meng. Kasi kung nagkatuluyan sila I wouldn't be able to marry my wife. She could have been my cousin."

Muling nag-ingay ang crowd dahil doon. May mga tanong na naman ang mga ito.

"Maraming nagsasabi na we are the reincanation of Lolo RJ and Lola Meng. O baka sadyang itinadhana lang na hindi sila magkatuluyan para mag-give way sa amin." He smiled when he saw his wife in the crowd.

"I am Siegfried's youngest son, Richard James Faulkerson and I'm married to Maine Celestine Mendoza." He said proudly. "My wife was Lola Meng's granddaughter."

"Nagpakasal siya sa iba?" someone shouted from the crowd.

Ngumiti siya at umiling. "No. Lola Meng remained loyal to my Lolo. She never got married."

"So, kaninong apo ang asawa mo?" tanong ng emcee.

Everyone was so curious as to how it happened that he got married to Lola Meng's granddaughter. But in every story, there are twists and turns that everyone needs to know and discover.

"Apo siya ng Kuya ni Lola Meng which is Lolo Paolo." Paliwanag niya. "And yes, nagkaasawa at anak si Lolo Paolo. Baka kasi magtaka kayo."

The crowd looked shocked and mesmerized at the same time. After a while they were cheering and they looked so happy for them.

"We are the RJ and Meng of this time. Sabi nila kamukhang-kamukha namin sina Lolo RJ at Lola Meng, and it's true. I couldn't agree more. Here's their picture," ipinakita sa LCD screen ang picture ng mga ito.