[1] First Scalpel

JAXON heard his alarm clock on his phone, and just like that, he was already awake. No routines, no five minutes more. No yawning. He just sat up from laying on his bed. Kinuha niya ang phone niya na nakalagay sa bedside table. He opened his phone and he sighed deeply when he read the note on his phone.

It was a note that appears only once a year. A note that reminds him of something hellish. A note that always ruin his day, and brings sadness in his system.

It is the day that his girlfriend Maxine died from an accident, and that was the day that he didn't had the chance to save his girlfriend even he is a fucking doctor, and lastly, the note reminds him the day when he stopped being the doctor. He stopped saving lives because he feels useless.

What's the use? He asked himself the day he resigned from being a doctor. I can't save Maxine that day so what's the use of being a doctor if I can't save a single life?

After his mourn for Maxine, he felt numb as he started a new life. The business he inherited from his parents made him busy. Nawalan na rin siya ng pakialam sa sarili niya ng mga panahon na 'yon. He often sleeps in his office, and he eats when he remembers to eat. Wala sa oras ang kain niya, wala siyang matinong tulog. Hanggang sa kusa ng bumigay ang katawan niya.

Nagalit ang mga kaibigan niya sa kaniya ng mga panahon na 'yon. Kahit nasa ospital siya at nagpapagaling ay hindi niya nalusutan ang apat na suntok galing sa mga kaibigan niya. It wasn't healthy for him, his friends said. He's already escaping reality, and they can't allow that.

For a short period of time, binantayan siya ngmga kaibigan niya hanggang sa maging maayos ang pag-iisip niya, at namalayan nalang niya, marunong na siyang humawak ng baril, marunong na siyang gumawa ng illegal, at marunong na siyang pumatay ng tao ng walang pag-aalinlangan...lalo na ng mahanap niya ang mga taong salarin sa concert na dinaluhan ng girlfriend niya.

***

He took a leave today from his work for his Maxine, and now, he sees himself driving along the way surrounded by well-trimmed grass, tall trees, and carved square made from marble stones, and when he reached his destination, he stopped in front of a small Mausoleum with a blue green paint.

Nang makalabas siya mula sa kotse niya ay matagal siyang napatitig sa kulay blue green na mausoleum. Para bang habang tumagatag ang pagkakatayo niya sa labas ng museleo ay nauupos ang lakas niya. It's like he was there again, at that operating room, reviving his girlfriend with full of blood, and he can't do anything but to cry when his girfriend's heart beat stops just like that.

It was a nightmare for him. All the dreams they build. All of the promises and everything they cherish becomes a memory and will stay that way until he dies.

He didn't even imagine or even think that the small house they dreamt of will be a mausoleum. He never think that the day will come, na ang girlfriend niya na sana ay magiging asawa niya sana ay magaantay sa kanya sa isang moseleo, at hindi sa bahay ng buhay na tao.

And It hurts like shit.

He, the took a deep breath before entering inside, holding a bouquet of flowers. His girlfriend's favorite violet tulips.

Bumungad sa kanya ang nakangiting picture ng girlfriend niya. She was smiling from ear to ear. It was the picture he took when they were in Paris, France and she was damn happy to see the Eiffel Tower, and they even visit the Pont des Arts bridge where in they put their love locks.

Little did he know, it was never true, because even they are in the city of love, and they put a padlock on their love, it still ended and will never continue.