[42] Forty Second Scalpel

JAXON 42

"Scalpel..."

THE whole room was silent, and the loud beeping sounds from different machines was the only thing that can be heard after Jaxon said it. Russel handed him the scalpel and it took him a second staring at it before accepting the scalpel with trembling hands.

His gaze turned to Macey, and he took a deep breath behind his mask before moving his right hand, making an opening to Macey's flesh. He might be trembling, and it almost took 7 years before he got a hold of his scalpel again, but the moment he made the opening, not a single drop of blood come out.

It was his stepping stone before he became the chief of Cardiothoracic Surgeon when he was still a doctor. He got known for his ability to make an opening without blood. His mother was a cardio as well, and taught him a lot of things.

"Still your trademark." Adriel seem to be amazed not seeing blood to Macey's opening.

Hindi niya pinansin ang sinabi nito. "Open." He demanded and Andrea grabbed the forceps right away, and that's the moment the blood gushed out of Macey's body.

"Suction."

Jaxon looked at the monitors, and he can see Macey's BP is dropping and she's still under Tachycardia. Sunod niyang tinignan ang status ni Macey, and he felt a little bit ease when he saw that there's no any vital part that was damage, except the heart but then when he looks at another screen monitor, it almost hit her liver.

Tumingin siya kay Spy, at Adriel. "Work on other GSW."

The two both nodded their heads, before looking at Dra. Calista. He felt a lump on his throat as he look at the Doctor. He's a doctor, and he knows how the patient's status in just one look. He's losing hope, but there's always a miracle and he's praying for one. Just for Macey to live, and their baby to survive. He already promised himself that after this, the moment he'll step out of this operating room, he'll going to face everything.

"Please...work on my child's safety..."

Dra. Calista nodded her head, but he can see in her eyes the defeat.

He avoided their gaze, and he started to work on Macey's wound as well when the suction's already done with Macey's blood. He saw Macey's heart, slowly beating as it gushed out small blood.

Continue beating, please.

I'll make up everything that I did.

Promise.

Just...continue beating for Jayda and I.

Russel handed him the things that he needed to take out the bullet carefully. He recalled everything that he knows as his hands move as if it has its own mind. He concentrated, closing his mind, and not letting any emotion overtook him, but then, when he moved his hands again, a deafening sound surrounded the whole room, and blood spurted out of Macey's heart.

Fuck.

He tried to be calm as he spoke. He saw how Andrea's hands trembled. "W-we need more plasma..." Andrea looked at Chin.

"Vital signs?" he asked, while his hands busy on the suction.

His heart started to beat fast.

Don't give up.

Don't...leave me.

"They're dropping..." as Jaxon heard that, he looked at the monitors himself, and the sound hasn't gone yet. He tried to compose himself again.