[46] Forty Sixth Scalpel

JAXON 46

MACEY opened her eyes, and she noticed another strange room around her. Tumingin siya sa paligid. It's a minimalist type of room with black, white and gray color palette, but as her eyes settled on her surroundings, there are cold stares that was thrown. Like she didn't care at all.

If it's just normal day and she would wake up in different room, she would be asking herself where is she, or how did she get in there, dhe woulf be worried...but now, she can't even feel the curiosity that she always feel. The fear, she can't even feel it. She felt numb—or rather there's only one thing she can feel.

Pain and longing.

Where's my child?

Why did I lose her?

Ako ba 'yung mali?

Ako ba 'yung nagkulang?

Hindi ba ako sapat para iligtas siya?

Bakit nawawala siya?

Bakit wala na siya?

Anong mali ko?

She remained looking at the ceiling. Pakiramdam niya, ang laki ng nawala sa kaniya. She can't almost feel her baby, but she knows that Jayda's inside her. It's morethan enough to love her child morethan herself, but it's gone now.

Tangina.

Bakit?

Bakit ganito?

She can remember how she ran. She can remember the face of her brother. It was devilish. It didn't scare her like the usual, but all she can feel is rage...yet she can't even move herself. The pain of losing her baby in an instant, and she can't do anything about it...she just wanted to disappear.

She just wanted to follow her child wherever she is now.

My child needs her mother. Alam niya ang pakiramdam ng walang magulang. She grew up not having one. She grew up with cruelty and domestic violence from her own family and she can't even ask for protection.

Baka kailangan ako ni Jayda.

Kailangan ko siyang protektahan.

Kailangan niya ako...

She felt her hot tears streaming down her cheeks but she couldn't care. Tuloy tuloy ang pag-agos ng luha niya na para bang iyon lang ang tanging paraan para mailabas niya ang sakit na nasa dibdib niya. She wanted to shout. She wanted to scream. She wanted to hurt someone so the pain would be gone. She wanted to hurt herself so the pain inside her would turn into physical pain.

Ang bigat.

Nakakapagod.

"J-jayda..." she whispered as she started to sob. Unti-unting sumasakit ang dibdib niya dahil sa pagiyak niya. It satisfies her when she felt the physical pain in her. Unti-unti na naman siyang nahirapang huminga hanggang sa narinig niya ang pagtunog ng makina sa gilid niya.

Her hands seem to have its own mind, removing what was attached to her so the machine would go silent, but before she can successfully remove it, the door swung open, and she saw him.

Jaxon.

How could he...

How could he be here...

How could he not save our baby?

"Macey!" nagmamadali itong lumapit sa kaniya at pinigilan siya sa pagtatanggal ng naka-kabit sa braso niya. It was a heart rate monitoring device. Jaxon touched her, and maybe it was her voluntary action, she moved away from his hold.