SPECIAL CHAPTER: CLODOVEO AND NAMI

Hi! This is the most awaited special chapter that I promised months ago after finishing this book! I made a long one, and might edit this soon, but I just want to update this during my birthday so bear with me!

Song for the whole chapter: Safe and Sound by Taylor Swift.

THE BROKEN SCALPEL

SPECIAL CHAPTER

NAMI AND CLODOVEO

I remember tears streaming down your face when I said I'll never let you go

When all those shadows almost killed your light

I remember you said don't leave me here alone

But all that's dead and gone and passed tonight

Nami felt exhausted as she removes her cap while sitting on the chair. Katatapos lang nang laboratory nila sa kitchen. She felt exhausted because of the three-hour laboratory.

She puffed a breath before looking around, trying to find her friends, Trisha and Andrea. Pare-pareho kasi sila ng schedule ng lunch. Their university allowed the students to choose their own schedule as long as it fits to their professors as well, and to their luck, mayroong slot na sabay sabay sila.

"Nami!" Mabilis siyang napalingon nang marinig niya ang boses ni Andrea. Kasunod nito si Melmar, Adriel at Trisha. The two boys are their block mates, na nagging kaibigan na niya 'rin. There's Spy, Russel, and Arceloisthe as well. How strange that her friends are from other departments samantalang sa HRM department ay wala siyang kaibigang ni isa. Kaaway mayroon. Marami.

She doesn't like...or rather she doesn't know how to make friends at all. She can talk casually, and bubbly because that's her but she's scared to ask for a friendship. Hindi niya alam kung paano. Iyon ngang madalas niyang kaasaran sa room, at kahit vice mayor pa siya ng block nila ay hindi niya alam kung sino ang friends niya. It would be too awkward to ask them, 'friends na tayo ah?' and it's weirder to assume that they are friends when they're actually not. Meanwhile, mukhang hindi ganoon ang dalawa niyang kaibigan, and they're heaven sent dahil kung wala siyang kakilala sa university ay wala rin siyang friends. Nakakafrustrate pa naman sa college lalo na kapag freshman.

"Ano sis, pinaghampas hampasan ng mga kawali sa kusina?" Trisha asked, sitting in front of her, while others took their own seats.

Russel and Adriel ruffled her hair like a kid that made her pout. She looked up at her two guy friends. "Libre?"

"Mukha kang mushroom na lanta. Ayusin mo labi mo." Trisha rolled her eyes.

Nami just grunted. The boys took the foods they want to order, at nagvolunteer ang mga ito na manlilibre sila ng drinks ngayong araw. They cheered on that, and when the food was served to them already, they happily dig into the food. Pansamantalang nawala ang pagod niya dahil sa dami nang nakain niya, idagdag pa na kasama niya ang mgakaibigan niya.

"May class pa kayo?" Nami asked while they're cleaning their table. Clean as you go ang rule ng university kahit private iyon. They tend to give students a discipline even though they have fortunes.

"Wala na." Melmar shook his head, busy on his phone.

She just nodded her head. She applied some alcohol to her hands, and after they're done cleaning their tables, they're good to go home already. Mabuti na 'rin dahil pagod na pagod na siya. They laboratory prof is damn strict at nakakaubos ng lakas kabahan buong duration ng kalase nito habang nagluluto sila.