Epilogue 1/2

EPILOGUE

JAXON'S POINT OF VIEW

Loving and fighting

Accusing, denying

I can't imagine a world with you gone

The joy and the chaos, the demons we're made of

I'd be so lost if you left me alone🎵🎤

It's raining so hard. Good thing I have my jacket with me. I almost forgot that the season's already changing. Napapansin ko lang na madalas ang pag-ulan kada-uwian namin, and because of that, Zane's keep on tagging along with me every after class since he doesn't bring umbrella with him. It kinda irritate me. Hindi ko tuloy masolo si Maxine sa kotse ko. Not that we're doing nasty...I just want some time alone with her dahil nagkakasama lang kami after class. We're both busy so we don't have any time to date. She's a graduating psychology student while I'm on my 2nd year in med school so we both have to study all the time.

"Pre, Strumm's daw mamaya?" My gaze turned to Bryson. I was busy watching the droplets of rain. It's raining so hard as well as the wind so the visibility was kind of blurry.

I looked at Bryson. "I have my exams tomorrow." I answered. I actually have my exams today, tomorrow and the next tomorrow. He sat in front of me, making a face. We're here at the cafeteria for lunch. Bryson's already a graduating student of Political Science.

"Ang KJ, pota." Sagot nito saakin.

It's not that I'm a KJ. Madalas naman akong sumama sa kanila noong Pre-med years ko. It's just that the work loads were too much, and I don't have time to loosen up kahit nakaka-umay na.

"Sasama raw si Max." Zane suddenly appeared in front of us with Declan and Easton. Declan's on his 3rd year of BS Pharmacy, while Zane is already studying for his board exam for Architecture as well as Easton reviewing for his CPA board exam. It was the school itself offers the Review...there are a lots gossips that the school's doing that because they're giving the contents of the 'board exam' so the passing rate would be high.

I raised my eye brow, drinking my nestea. "What?"

"Katatanong ko lang, napilit ko p're. Mukhang siya na 'yung baliw kesa sa mga future patients niya." Zane answered before the four of them laughed. They sat with us, and they started eating as well.

I just sighed, and with no choice left, I agreed coming with them at Strumm's but I'm certain that I'll be bringing my reviewer with me. I'm not at ease letting Maxine go there with my friends. Not that I don't trust them, but I'm worried of Maxine. She's a woman...and my girlfriend.

"Where are you, baby?" I called Maxine after my class. She already informed me coming to Strumm's.

"Baby," Maxine sounded pouting. "We still have a meeting with the orgs. Mauna ka na. Sasabay na lang ako sa friends ko. Is it okay?"

Org meeting. That will take hours. "I could wait-"

"Baby, mauna ka na okay?" she insisted.

"Okay." I sighed and turned of my phone. I'm also not in the mood since I failed my test earlier. Okay na sigurong mauna ako sa bar. I need to loosen up a bit. Sayang iyong effort kong nagpuyat tapos babagsak lang din.

It's still raining, and I don't have my umbrella with me. Mas lalo pa akong nabadtrip. I don't have a choice but to get soaked because of the rain. Nasa entrance na ako ng building namin, and the way to the parking lot from here is an open space. Fuck. It's already 9 in the evening. Kaunti na lang ang estudyante, and most of them were Law students and Meds like me.