Prologue

■■■

Being a Hamilton isn't exactly spectacular. Some people think that it's a blessing to be part of a Pure-Blooded family, to have all that money and live in a big mansion. Other people think that being part of the Hamilton family is a curse.

During the mid-eighteenth century, a young wizard was born into a very poor family. His father abandoned him, leaving his mother and his older brother behind as well.

His mother died when he was twelve and had no choice but to live with his cousin, who later committed suicide. He passed on to live with another random family which left him and his brother to split ways.

The young Hamilton went to live in America after seeking passage on a ship, although the boy was a wizard he never could pursue any form of wizarding education, leaving him to question what was wrong with him.

He grew up and started to make a name for himself in the muggle world, he helped fight in a war and came out victorious. During that time he married a Pure-blooded witch and had seven children with her. The witch took a liking towards the Hamilton when she took notice that he was no ordinary muggle.

Hamilton, wed and known for his knowledge, started to make bad mistakes and somehow from that point on his life had a downfall. After cheating on his wife, his eldest son Philip, got into a duel with a snobbish Pure-Blood wizard, leaving him to his demise and died only a few hours later. Philip's death left his younger sister to go crazy.

Years later, Hamilton got into a duel of his own, and just like his son, he got hit and died. Five of his children stayed alive and well, which helped continue the Hamilton bloodline.

Gwendolyn Hamilton grew up hearing the story and brushed it off as hogwash. But looking back at all the people she had lost during her life she couldn't help but deem it true.

When she was three years old, she along with her two brothers stayed hidden in a wardrobe as they heard their parents being tortured. The two got murdered by none other than the mother's brother.

She and her older brothers went to live with their aunt Jocelyn, who also died. Her eldest brother, Laurence was of age when their aunt passed away and took it in his hold to take care of his siblings.

Gwendolyn had just finished her second year at Hogwarts when she witnessed her brother die right in front of her.

Nowadays, it was just her and her brother Sebastian. They had no grandparents as they had all died from old age. The only aunts and uncles they had left were fans of the dark arts and had already disowned their family for being blood traitors.

Their life was lonely but the Hamilton siblings had one another. For them at least, that was enough. They didn't have any say on what else they could have anyway.

■■■