All good things come to an end

■■■

A few days later and Gwen was excited to finally see Eliza. She barely even met her before and she would really like to get to know her more.

Since she was getting a little bit.. too cozy with her brother. She made sure that she looked elegant yet youthful that night right before dinner.

"So... how do I look?" Gwen asked as she twirled to show off her white floral dress. Sebastian looked at the top of the stairs as he adjusted his wristwatch.

Sebastian hummed in thought. "Horrible." He stated and then turned back to his watch.

"Hey!" She yelled in annoyance. Sebastian didn't look at her but he waved a hand in her direction. "I'm messing with you. You look great. You are related to me, so that's a given."

"I hate you," Gwen stated as she held on tightly to the railing to not risk falling. "No you don't. You love me as much as I love you."

Gwen stopped right in front of him. "Then I'm hurt that you don't love me so much." She replied back with a mocking smile.

Sebastian finally looked up from his watch and returned a wide smile. He grabbed his sister and hugged her tight. "I love you more than life itself. You do know that, right?"

Gwen grinned. "Of course I do!" The doorbell suddenly rang and Sebastian was quick to push Gwen away. "She's here! Okay be cool, stay calm, and most importantly, don't you dare embarrass me."

Gwen smirked as she watched Sebastian walking towards the door. "Wouldn't dream of it." Sebastian stopped slightly and sighed and just as he was about to reply, he decided that it wasn't worth it and sighed once more.

"Good evening!" Eliza stated as soon as she entered the mansion. Her smile widened when she saw Gwen once again. Sebastian leaned in, about to kiss her, when Eliza slipped away from him and went to hug Gwen.

"Don't you look beautiful. I haven't seen you in a while. How are you doing with the O.W.L.s?" Eliza asked as she linked her arm with Gwen's.

Gwen started to lead Eliza towards the kitchen as an infuriated Sebastian followed the two women.

"It's a bit.. hard.. to tell you the truth. And especially if you have a tight schedule like mine. I have all the Prefect duties, Quidditch practise and everything." Gwen explained as her heart rate quickened at the thought of her exams.

They entered the dining room and sat across each other. Sebastian didn't say or do anything except pulled out Eliza's chair. Eliza gave him a nod of appreciation and a loving smile before turning back to look at Gwen.

"You'll do it though. I know you will. Sebastian talks about you all the time and from what I gather, you seem like a bright witch," Eliza reached out and grabbed Gwen's hand in her own. "He's very proud of you, you mean everything to him."

Gwen smiled to herself. "I know. He doesn't say it to me directly but I know that there's no one else in the world who cares for me as much as he does. And that's one of the reasons why I love him."

"Your brother is an amazing man," Eliza looked at the direction of the kitchen where she saw Sebastian gathering the last few things for their dinner. "And sweet and kind, handsome, charming, and very, very hot."

Gwen pulled her hand away from Eliza's which pulled the latter out of her trance. "I didn't need to know that. Now, let's not talk about that ever again. That was one of the worst things I have ever had said to me."

Eliza cleared her throat awkwardly, trying her best to avoid the young girl's eyes. 

It only took a few minutes before Sebastian placed the food and cutlery on the table with the help of his wand. He saw the two women chatting lively with one another. He was beyond confused. It was the second time the two had saw one another and they haven't stopped talking.

But it didn't take long to dawn to him. Seated around the table, were two of the sweetest, most kindest women a person could meet. And he was happy to say that they were both in his life.

After dinner, the chatting continued but this time, Sebastian was included. The man blushed red when he displaced a little jealously which caused both Gwen and Eliza to laugh.

"Did you hear the news? Little Gwenny here has a boyfriend." Sebastian stated in a sing-song tone. This time, it was Gwen who blushed. "You don't need to say it like that," Gwen said between gritted teeth.

Eliza looked at her with amazement. "Ooo, you do. Isn't that amazing?" Gwen scratched the back of her neck. "Well not exactly, I wouldn't say that he's my boyfriend. We went out together a couple of times and.. talked."

"Did you two, you know, kiss?" Eliza continued on as Sebastian looked at his sister expectantly. "That's a great question. Did you two kiss? Where was it? When was it? Did it involve any inappropriate touching?"

Eliza slapped Sebastian's arm. "This isn't twenty questions, Basti." A few moments of silence passed.

"You still haven't answered my question if there was any inappropriate touching." Sebastian murmured as he played around with his fork.

"Sebastian!" 

■■■

The holidays were passing too quick for Gwen. She and her brother had an amazing time, singing Christmas songs together, joking around and making fun of one another. The two of them even visited the family grave which was one of Gwen's most depressing part of the vacation.

The night before Gwen had to leave, she sat in her room reading one of the school books when Sebastian knocked on her door.

"Come in, Seb." She stated without looking up. Sebastian smiled sadly as he knew that the time together that they had had to end. He knew that he'll miss seeing his sister.

"What are you reading?" He asked as he sat on her bed. "Defence Against the Dark Arts." She stated as her face scrunched in concentration.

"I've been meaning to ask you about that, the O.W.L.s. I know how much work you have to do apart from studying and I want to make sure that everything is fine."

"Everything is great, Seb, I already told you thousands of times. You don't have to worry about anything." Gwen said with a smile while Sebastian nodded his head.

"I'm glad to hear that. I love you." Sebastian stated as he stood up. Gwen grinned. "I love you too."

■■■