Friendship goals

■■■

"When is Gwen coming?" Fred asked his brother, Angelina and Alicia. George shrugged while the two girls exchanged looks.

"Do you think-?" Angelina started to say but Alicia cut her off. "The two? No! Of course not."

Fred and George looked at each other, each with questioning looks on their faces. Fred was about to ask what they meant but the two gossiping girls took no account to the boys beside them.

"Let's be real. Gwen wouldn't just admit her feelings to a guy who she barely knows, that's just not her. And Cedric, well there is a reason he's not a Gryffindor. The guy is too modest and also a tad shy." Alicia explained to Angelina.

Fred couldn't help but roll his eyes at the mention of Pretty Boy Diggory. He thought that the Hufflepuff was overrated, he wasn't that handsome. Besides, he knew that Gwen was too smart to fall for the guy's looks and charms.

Suddenly Angelina let out a loud gasp which made the twins turn to look, thinking that something might have happened.

"Oh my! Look at that!" She exclaimed to Alicia as she pointed in a certain direction.

Alicia along with the twins looked at where she referred to and immediately saw Gwen and Cedric next to the Hall's doors.

Looking at the two together was enough to make Fred's jealousy emerge but when he saw her kiss his cheek, he wanted to explode.

Fred, whose face was redder than his hair turned to his plate. His brother and the girls noticed his strange attitude when he harshly stabbed at the mashed potatoes.

"You okay?" Angelina asked as she placed a hand on his shoulder. Fred brushed her hand off and continued stabbing.

"Of course I am. Why wouldn't I be? I just wish that Gwen wouldn't have been blinded by his good looks to notice that he isn't that great. She deserves someone better than that idiot. Someone who likes her for who she is and not because of her looks, someone who loves her and her flaws. Not him!"

Fred hit his plate so hard it left a crack in it. Some people from the Gryffindor table were even staring at him in curiosity. Alicia's eyes opened wide.

"Wait a second do you-?"

Alicia stopped in mid-question as soon as she saw Gwen next to her. 

Gwen sat down next to Alicia, facing Fred and noticed his strange behaviour. She also noticed that his hand was shaking. Gwen reached her hand out and held it to try to calm him down. Fred looked up and took a glance at the girl in front of him. He pulled his hand out of her reach.

"Is everything alright?" Gwen asked, worried about her friend. Fred didn't say anything to her and simply nodded his head. Gwen sighed.

"Okay, you gave me no choice," Gwen stated as she cracked her knuckles. George, Alicia and Angelina shared a terrified look.

"Why? Merlin, why?!" George yelled as he looked up at the enchanted ceiling. They all knew what was coming. "What do you call a fake noodle? An Impasta." Fred didn't say anything and kept looking at his cracked plate while the others gave out identical groans. 

"The furniture store keeps calling me. All I wanted was a one-night stand." Fred still didn't speak.

"Okay, no? Fine, last one. It's not that the man did not know how to juggle, he just didn't have the balls to do it." This time Fred finally let out a laugh which made Gwen feel proud of herself.

"Okay, you must admit they were pretty funny," Angelina told Alicia and George. "I know right?" Gwen exclaimed as they high fived.

Gwen turned her attention back to Fred. "You sure that everything is alright?" Gwen asked again and Fred nodded his head. His face was turning back to its pale colour.