Christmas round the corner

■■■

With great difficulty, Gwen tried to walk downstairs but when she was about to fall, she called out for help. People heard of Gwen's cries and then saw Ginny who held the gifts in her hands. Gwen walked down the rest of the stairs and then smiled at Ginny.

"Thanks for the help, Ginny. It's actually good that I found you, where are the others?" Gwen asked, asking about the Weasley clan, minus Ron, who were all returning home. Gwen placed the parcels on top of the Common room sofa and placed the cages on the floor.

"Percy already left for the train while Fred, George and Lee still haven't shown up. And speaking of the train, I have to go, I told this girl named Luna that I would keep her company." Ginny explained as she gathered her bags around.

Gwen grinned. "Wait before you go...Happy early Christmas!" Gwen handed the gift to Ginny who quickly opened it. Ginny looked at it in awe as soon as she saw the green dress.

Ginny once told Gwen two Summers before, how much she liked the dress that she was wearing. Gwen thanked her and told her that she would be happy to give it to her once she grew up a little.

Sure Ginny knew that Gwen was a girl of her word but the dress was long forgotten in her mind but now that the dress was right in front of her, she never felt so honored.

"It's awfully kind of you, I didn't think that you would actually do it." Ginny dropped the dress on the sofa and quickly hugged Gwen. "Of course I would. You're like the little sister I never had." Ginny let her go. "Thank you but I really do have to leave." Gwen smiled. "Of course, I wouldn't want to keep you away from Luna. I'll see you on the train."

The two bid each other goodbye which left Gwen with no choice but to wait on her own. She looked down at her watch and saw how the train would leave in a few minutes which made her panic. Gwen held Artemis' and Athena's cages closer to herself.

After five more minutes of agony, the three clowns finally emerge with bright grins. When they saw Gwen they were going to comment on something but Gwen cut them off.

"No time for talking, we have to go. Some people took too long to get ready." Gwen stated as she stood up. George raised his hand sheepishly. "That would be my fault. I- umm- couldn't find my wand."

The fifth-year Gryffindors chatted up but mostly sped walked towards the train before it could leave. The four entered the train with only a few minutes to spare. They settled into an empty compartment. Lee made himself immediately at home when he took of his shoes and massaged his own foot.

Fred made a sour face. "Woah mate.. get that stinky foot away. There's barely any air in this compartment and I don't want it to be contaminated with the smell of your feet." Lee furrowed his face and then put his shoes back on.

"Oh my God! I almost forgot! I have your gifts." Lee stated after he finished tying the laces of his shoes. He went to reach for his trunk and after searching for a while, he finally found three identical boxes.

Gwen smiled as she started to shake the box in her hand and then went to untie the ribbon.

"Thanks, Lee.." Fred said as he eyed the contents with confusion. "But what exactly is it supposed to be?" In the box, along with a bunch of Honeydukes sweets, laid a small metal cylinder.

"That, my oblivious friends, is a muggle pen. It doesn't need ink and you can even change the colour that you write with, by doing this." Lee leaned forward to show the three what to do. "Ohhhhh."

"Okay now it's my turn," Gwen exclaimed with a smile and then went to grab her bag. After some time of searching through the messes in her bags, she finally took out her gifts. "These two are for you and this one is for Lee." Gwen handed two envelopes to the twins and a small parcel to Lee.