First date jitters

▪︎▪︎▪︎

"Okay. It's not so hard Gwen. Just open your mouth and say the words. Simple as that."

"What on earth are you doing?" 

"Jeez, Lee. You can't just sneak up on people." Gwen stated as she clutched her chest in shock.

Lee was confused. He had just walked out of Divination, all excited for the weekend and Halloween when he saw Gwen hiding behind the pillar, quietly talking to herself.

"So, what are you doing?" Lee asked again and Gwen sighed. "Gathering up the courage to ask Cedric on a date to Hogsmeade."

"It's okay to feel nervous." He said as he glanced in the direction that Gwen was peeping at.

There he saw Cedric Diggory talking to two of his friends. Lee placed a hand on Gwen's shoulder. "You can do it, Gwen. All you need is a little push."

Without any warning, Lee pushed Gwen towards Cedric and was about to fall at the sudden impact.

Cedric saw the girl about to topple over and quickly ran to catch her. "Are you alright?" He asked as he looked down at her, holding her with a tight grip.

Cedric's friends, Sam and Parker, shared a knowing look and left to give them some privacy.

Gwen felt her heartbeat quicken at how close she was to the guy she was crushing on. She gulped while looking him straight into his grey eyes.

"I'm fine. I-Um, I wanted to ask you something." Gwen went silent and kept staring at him.

Cedric smiled gently as he waited expectantly. "What is it that you wanted to ask?" Gwen blinked a couple of times and finally got pulled back to reality.

"Oh yeah. I was wondering if you wanted... You know that tomorrow is Halloween and there's a visit to Hogsmeade. I was going and I was thinking that maybe you would want to come with me."

"Come with you as in friends?" Cedric asked and Gwen cursed him for being so complicated.

"No, as a date," Gwen exclaimed and saw that Cedric was shocked. Gwen stepped backwards and released herself from the boy's grasp. She sighed when he didn't say anything.

"Listen, Ced, I like you. I have no idea if you feel the same but I've noticed all the hand-holding, flirting and even how you sometimes stare at me during breakfast or dinner. Can you blame me for thinking that you might feel the same?" Gwen was about to leave when Cedric remained silent but he grabbed her hand to stop her.

"Wait, I would love to go to Hogsmeade with you. You just caught me off-guard that's all. I'll meet you by the Great Hall at ten?" Cedric asked with a bright smile.

"Ten it is. See you later!" Gwen walked away, not even trying to hide her grin. 

Cedric waited a few seconds to make sure that Gwen was out of sight and hearing range.

"YES!" Cedric yelled throwing a fist in the air. He noticed that some students were staring and quickly retreated his hand back down.

"What? Nothing to see here people, move on." Cedric said specifically to a group of judgy second years. 

He heard them muttering something about idiotic Hufflepuffs but he paid no attention to them. Nothing could have made him upset during that magnificent day.

▪︎▪︎▪︎

When Gwen entered the Gryffindor Common Room she was tackled to the floor.