The Leaky Cauldron

▪︎▪︎▪︎

"Finally! I was freezing out there." Sebastian stated as the group entered the Leaky Cauldron.

The inn was busier than it was in the afternoon, and the savoury smell of the cooking dinner filled the air.

"I'm going to put everything in my room," Gwen called out to Sebastian who took off his jacket and sat down around the table with some of the Weasley's were. Sebastian replied with a measly thumbs up.

The girl looked down at all her endless amounts of bags. Gwen tried to carry them along with tiny Atlas in her arms.

"Here let me help," George said as he walked up to the struggling girl.

"Oh, thanks Geor-" Gwen stopped. She expected him to help her with the bags but instead, he grabbed Atlas. Gwen looked at him, clearly annoyed.

George must have felt her stare as he rose his head up. "What? Come on! You don't get a kitten and not expect me to hold him whenever I can!" Gwen simply sighed.

"Here I'll get your bags for you," Fred said as he took a couple from her hands.

"Okay, let's go to room number 15," Gwen said as they started to climb the stairs.

Things were going well until the last step when Gwen suddenly lost her balance and tumbled back. She closed her eyes waiting for her to hit the other two but the fall never came.

Gwen opened her eyes and turned around to see what happened. Fred had instinctively wrapped one of his arms around the girl's waist and helped her stand up properly.

Gwen let out a sigh of relief and wiped some hair out of her face. "Thanks, Fred." Fred nodded gently. "Don't mention it."

The three made it to room number fifteen without any serious injuries. As soon as Gwen entered, she dropped the bags on a chair and took off her shoes.

The twins wasted no time in making the place their own as George was lying on the bed with Atlas and Fred went into the bathroom to check himself in the mirror.

"Hey, George? Can I please have Atlas back?" George groaned and reluctantly handed Atlas to her. "Fine, have him. But you shouldn't let him in this room at all. Athena might eat him. I think it's better if we keep him in our room." George said with a sickly sweet smile.

"Nice try but Athena won't eat him. Isn't that right?" Gwen asked turned to ask her owl who was placed on top of her cage trying to clean her feathers. Athena hooted.

"See George. Besides, the poor creature needs to stretch his legs." Gwen placed the kitten on the ground and watched as he took small, slow steps.

Fred finally came out of the bathroom and walked towards the trunk lying on the edge of the bed. Fred opened it and started to flip everything in it as if searching for something specific.

"What are you doing?" Gwen questioned Fred as she took out some of Atlas' new stuff. Sebastian was right, the paw patterned sheets were cute.

"I'm looking for something. You have a lot of stuff you know, it's hard to find anything. Quills, parchment, socks, books... ooohh your undergarments." Fred said as he continued to rummage through. Gwen felt her blood run cold and quickly ran up to him to slap his hand away.

"I'll stop as soon as I find it. Aha! Here it is." Fred exclaimed as he took out Gwen's Hogwarts letter which was at the very bottom. "Look what I just found," Fred told his brother. George slowly bolted upright, his eyes wide in amazement.

"Is that it?" He asked Fred. Fred nodded and took out the Prefect badge. Both looked at it in disgust.

"Ughh. I'm about to throw up." Fred stated "So am I. One of the only reasons I'm still Gwen's friend is because of Atlas."