Not sure how to figure the whole dating thing

■■■

As soon as Gwen and her friends reached the common room, they sprinted into their dormitories for them to change into their uniforms.

Gwen made sure that she was wearing enough clothing to keep herself warm and cosy. She was wearing an undershirt, a polo neck and her quidditch sweater. She grabbed her Nimbus 2000 and descended the stairs and waited for the rest of the team to enter the common room.

Oliver Wood was already there, of course, and when he saw Gwen arrive first he gave her a nod of approval. The Gryffindor team made their way towards the common room one by one, the last being Harry.

Gwen noticed that the Gryffindor seeker was rubbing his red eyes. Harry caught Gwen's stare and glanced at her before looking away shyly. Gwen smiled at him, trying to make him feel better but it didn't seem to work.

And just like that the Gryffindor Quidditch team made their way towards the pitch, one after the other, in front being Oliver and Harry in the back.

With their brooms hoisted upon each of the player's shoulder, except for Harry who had no choice but to use the cheap brooms supplied by the school.

Oliver was working his teammates hard as if his life depended on it. The captain didn't let them take a break. Even when George was feeling as if he was going to throw up after his brother accidentally shot a bludger at his stomach.

It only took two more minutes of practice before George had to pull aside to throw up.

By the end of practice, Gwen wanted to hop into bed and sleep except she still had to go on the date that Cedric was planning.

Thank God, that the practice was called off an hour earlier when Oliver got too frustrated with the good for nothing Quidditch broom that Harry had to use. He ended up breaking it in half with his foot and used one end of it to beat the ground.

Gwen had her date in two hours, so she simply showered and chose the clothes that she would be wearing. She told Alicia to wake her up half an hour before she had to leave.

When she was awoken an hour and a half later, she was immediately splashed in the face with water by Angelina, who simply stated that she wanted Gwen to be 'awake' and 'alert' during her date.

Gwen quickly changed and looked at herself in the mirror, making sure that she looked good. She had another fight with Angelina and Alicia about what she should do with her hair. Gwen was dodging their hands and thank god she was successful, she just went to grab her wand and sneaked out of the dorm with a small goodbye.

Gwen pushed her long hair behind her shoulder which she had decided to just let down. "You look nice." Gwen turned her attention to the group of Weasleys in front of the fireplace. Percy, the twins, Ron and Ginny. Gwen smiled at Ginny who was the one who gave the compliment.

"Thanks. What are you five doing?" Gwen asked out of curiosity. She knew Percy was never fond of his siblings, especially Fred and George, who had once told the girl that Percy had called them 'useless, wastes of space and loud mouth breathers.'

So to find him sitting next to them for the rest of the Gryffindors to see was very unusual for him.

"We're discussing what to get our mum for Christmas and trying to convince Fred and George that giving her fireworks is a bad idea," Ron explained and Gwen nodded her trying to let it sink all in. "I agree with Ron. Not a good idea."

"You're right, I get it," George said. Everyone looked at him, it takes a lot of persuasion to change the twins' mind. Fred nodded, going on along with his brother. "I think she would appreciate the dungbombs more."