Blood is thicker than water

▪︎▪︎▪︎

Gwen had to wake up early the next day. Oliver scheduled Quidditch practice from eleven o'clock till five, so Gwen had to go to Hogsmeade early to get her Christmas shopping done.

It was crazy that they had to practice for six hours. It was a miracle that Gwen wasn't in pieces already.

Gwen got one of her essays done and then went quickly to change. She had agreed with the twins and Lee that they meet in the Common Room at seven and give the Marauder's Map to Harry then arrive at Hogsmeade at around 7:30.

She just hoped they would have stuck with the promise and be there. And thank Merlin, they were.

"Let's get today over with," Gwen stated when she saw them in front of the fireplace. The three immediately stood up and although they were awake, Gwen could tell that they were still half asleep.

Gwen hoped that Harry was awake and that they didn't have to wait long for him.

They saw him in the middle of the courtyard bidding goodbye to Ron and Hermione through the window.

Gwen passed the other three as she started running to catch up with Harry beforehand.

As soon as she was hit with the cold air, she instantly shivered. She buried her face deep into her scarf. "Harry!" Harry turned around and just like always whenever he sees Gwen, Harry smiled.

"Morning Gwen. You going to Hogsmeade?" Gwen nodded her head. "I am actually, spend some time there before Oliver drags us away. And you will also be going." Gwen added with a cheeky smile in the end. Harry furrowed his eyebrows, confused at what she meant by it.

"I think it's better if you come with me, I'll show you." Gwen linked her arm with Harry's and ushered him towards one of the classrooms.

"Oh, by the way, Lupin told me that he would be able to help you with the dementors. Said that he would try to help me as well."

Harry rubbed the back of his neck in embarrassment. "Really? Sorry that I included you in the mess."

Gwen shook her head and laughed a little. "It's no problem at all. You know, you apologize way too much for nothing." Gwen finally stopped when she saw Fred's red hair by one of the classroom doors.

Gwen quickly pushed Harry into the classroom with her. Gwen closed the door behind her and faced Fred, George and Lee who were sitting on top of a table.

"What's going on?" Harry asked as he eyed the Gryffindors.

"Early Christmas present for you, Harry," Fred said. Fred pulled the map from inside his pocket with a flourish and laid it on one of the desks. Harry just stared at it. "What's that supposed to be?"

"This, Harry, is the secret of our success," said George, patting the parchment fondly.

"It's a wrench, giving it to you," said Fred, "but Gwen convinced us that your need's greater than ours."

"Anyway, we know it by heart," said George. "We bequeath it to you. We don't really need it anymore."

"And what do I need with a bit of old parchment?" Harry said. "A bit of old parchment!" said Fred, closing his eyes with a grimace as if Harry had mortally offended him. Gwen groaned.

"Don't be so dramatic!"

Lee cleared his throat in exaggeration. "Weren't you the one who did a funeral two weeks ago?" Gwen felt bashful. "Continue."

"Explain, George."

"Well... when we were in our first year, Harry- young, carefree, and innocent-" Harry, Gwen and Lee snorted simultaneously.