Friends are nice and all, but they're a pain in the arse

▪︎▪︎▪︎

The next day Gwen woke up when she felt the heat of the sun against her cheeks. She rolled on her bed to grab her watch from the nightstand but ended up rolling too far and fell on the floor with a thud.

The sound made the other girls instantly wake up. The concern, however, slipped off their faces when their gaze landed on the girl on the floor. It wasn't the first time that it had happened and certainly not the last.

Atlas, who saw the girl and the floor, quickly ran up to her as fast as he could to see if she was okay. He went up to the girl and started licking her forehead. Gwen couldn't help but let out a giggle. "It's okay Atlas, I'm fine."

Gwen slowly stood up and went to the bathroom and went to take a cold shower and put on her uniform. Gwen didn't feel the need to wear her sweater or her robes as it was still a little hot outside.

Gwen picked up her brush and ran it through her hair as she walked out of the bathroom and into the dorm. She barely had the time to do that when one of her roommates, Ivy, sprinted into the bathroom after her.

Gwen sat on her bed and threw the brush beside her and started to braid her hair. "Wonder what's the rush with her," Gwen told the others referring to Ivy. They all shrugged simultaneously. She should have remembered that her roommates were cranky in the morning.

Gwen finished her braid in a matter of seconds, despite it reaching her lower back.
She grabbed the school bag and swung it over her shoulder and made sure that she had her wand in her pocket, and perfect badge pinned.

As soon as Gwen descended the staircase she looked around the common room to see if the twins or Lee were there but they were nowhere to be seen.

She did, however, see Roman Fitz, walk out of from the boy's dormitory and Gwen went up to talk to him. "Hey Ro, good morning! Are the twins and Lee still in the dorm?" Gwen asked the dark-haired boy as he was one of their roommates. Roman smiled at Gwen and shook his head.

"No, they all went down a couple of minutes ago. Said something about getting breakfast early." Gwen thanked the boy and left the Gryffindor Common room at a slow pace.

She had no hurry about anything. There was plenty of time until lessons began and knew that if she hurried she would have a higher risk of falling.

Gwen was in her own world that she forgot about the trick step on the moving staircase. Her right foot was stuck much to her shock and she tried to release her foot. When she finally did, she lost her balance and fell sideways.

"You okay?" Gwen raised her head from the floor and reclined to see who spoke to her.

In front of her, Gwen saw Dominic, Rachel and Celeste in front of her. They were three of the twelve first years that she had shown around yesterday. At that moment she ironically remembered warning them of said trick step and felt embarrassed.

Gwen stood up with the little of her remaining dignity. She gave the trio an awkward smile.

"Kids you should know that I, Gwen Hamilton, am one of the clumsiest people you'll ever meet. So if this happens again and you say to yourself 'what is wrong with her?' then you'd know exactly what is wrong with me."

Dominic, a boy with halo golden hair and green eyes, tried his best to hide his laughter but to no avail.

"Anyway, I better go. Good luck on your first day, I know that you'll do well. Bye!" Gwen hurried away from the three first years before she could humiliate herself even further.

When she entered the Great Hall for breakfast she found herself surrounded by the usual, lip-smacking smell of eggs, bacon, toast and even some delicious buttered croissants.