Chapter 4

Izuku gasped. "Are you a hero?" he whispered. Aizawa nodded. Totoro was still hiding on his chest but when he felt the growing excitement of Izuku, he suddenly popped his head out to check what's happening.

Aizawa was surprised when a stuffed toy appeared from the chest of the boy. That's weird. It was staring at him. Then it blinked. Wait? What?

"What's your quirk?" Izuku asked with stars on his eyes. But Aizawa wasn't paying attention. He pointed to the stuff toy. "Is that a toy or your pet?"

Izuku stopped. He looked down. Totoro looked up at him. Then he blinked. He turned to the hero again. "He's my bestfriend!" He proudly announced.

Okaaay. Maybe some kind of hamster.

Aizawa offered his hand to the kid. "Let's bring you home, kid." Izuku stared at the hand. The truth was, he's unsure. This man said he's a hero, does that mean he'll bring me to mommy?

"Are you going to find mommy? She's still not home. Do you think mommy and daddy get lost? That's why they're not coming back yet?"

Aizawa was confused. Not coming back? Did the kid lost by himself or his parents left him. "What do you mean you mother's not home?"

Izuku shook his head. "Not mother, it was mommy. Mommy and daddy left and then they didn't come back yet and we have to leave home because the guy from the door said we need to leave." Totoro nodded like he was testifying what's the boy's saying.

As much as the hamster bothers Aizawa, he focused on what the kid said. "When was the last time you saw your mommy?"

Izuku thought hard first before he answered, "many many days! It's like, like f-forever," he started to cry.

'He was abandoned? Or something happened to his parents.' He knelt down and offered his hand to the kid again. He didn't say anything but Izuku understood. He gave his hand to the hero and they left together, with Totoro wondering why the man was holding his boy and the boy's apple.

They went to the police station to find out what happened to the kid's parents. Good thing a detective was there and were able to access more information.

"According to the record of immigration, the Midoriya couple left Japan four months and five days ago. The landlord of the apartment they rented also reported vandalism and debt against them. And that was three months ago." Detective Tsukauchi stated.

"So, basically, they intentionally left the child. The landlord must be the 'man from the door' the kid was talking about. If the landlord didn't mentioned anything about the child, then, he's been homeless for three months already." Aizawa looked at Izuku who was sitting in the chair with his pet nowhere to be found. 'Must be inside his clothes.' "We're going to file a report against them for child abandonment and child abuse. For now, the boy will be put on the orphanage or foster care. But," Tsukauchi paused.

"What?" Aizawa asked. Tsukauchi showed him the record of the child. Midoriya Izuku, five years old, quirkless. "There's only 20% of quirkless people population nowadays, and if I'll be honest, the treatment to them was not the best. It must also be the possible reason why they abandoned him." Tsukauchi was shaking his head.

The pro-hero knew that. The system was all about the quirks and there were only two or three law that was included for quirkless. Like they don't exist anymore. But he didn't expect that even a parent will disown her or his child because of lack of quirk. If a parent could do that, what more the other people.

"The system will not protect him." Aizawa stated a realization. Tsukauchi nodded in agreement. "But we can't do anything about it except to hope that he'll be adopted by a good family."

Izuku likes Ereaserhead. He gave him a sandwich earlier and it's been awhile since Izuku ate other food than Totoro's quirk made. Don't get him wrong. He likes fruits but sometimes he wished he could eat his mommy's cook again, especially katsudon. He also sneakily gave Totoro pieces of the bread because he refused to eat the ham. He was also given an orange juice.

Ereaserhead was still talking to the tall man. They said that they will look for mommy and daddy. So even though Izuku wanted to go back to sleep, he'll wait patiently.

When finally, Ereaserhead came to him, he jumped to the floor and stood up. "Did you find mommy? Is she's lost?"

Ereaserhead shook his head. He bend his knees to make an eye level with the boy. "You mommy, and daddy," he paused, "they might not come back. I'm sorry, kid."

It took a few moments for Izuku to process what he said. But his tears were flowing after the statement. Then, he loudly cried. No one inside the station has a courage to comfort him.

After a couple of minutes, the tall man said something to Ereaserhead. The hero then decided it's time to tell the child another news. He doesn't like the idea, but they don't have a choice.

"Izuku, there will be a lady who will pick you up later. She will drive you to the place where you will stay from now on."

Izuku suddenly get scared. "Y-you're leaving m-me too?" Aizawa was startled. How is he going to answer that. The boy looked broken than ever. He knows it was not his fault, but why does he feels guilty. "Is it b-because I-I'm a b-bad boy? I promise I'll b-be good! P-Please." He sounds so broken. And it took a lot of courage for Aizawa to look at his eyes.

'No. Let's not think about it. It will be a bad idea. He'll be bad at it and the child will suffer. But he might suffer more with the hands of others. No! Get a rip, Aizawa!' He's inner thoughts were a messed up.

"No." He answered the kid. He turned to Tsukauchi, "I'll take him home with me." Everyone was surprised with his announcement, including himself.

The stunned detective tried to compose himself. "Are you saying you'll foster him? It will be a long process. Even you'll do that, he still needs to be put in the system for awhile, that's the law."

"Then I'll adopt him." He said. "Just send me all the documents I need to sign tomorrow." He returned his attention to the kid who stopped crying.

"Well, Izuku, I'm Aizawa. Would you like to come with me?" He didn't need to wait for an answer. The kid already slammed his body to him and hold him tight like his life was depended on it. Aizawa hugged him back.

Totoro was happy for Izuku, but he needs space to breath.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

I was making this while watching the Super Bowl. So, I haven't edited it yet.

GO! GO! Patriots! :)

Hope you'll like it!

Please, don't forget to vote, comment, and follow.

Thank you!