Chapter 14

Totoro had Izuku in his arm but his attention was on the other child in front of him. The said child was looking at him with confusion. He blinked. The boy blinked. They stared at each other for a whole minute before Totoro finally decided that this new boy needs a hug as well. So, using his other free arm, he reached for him and started the cuddled session with the two children.

Tenko wasn't sure what was happening but the bear-like creature was soft, just like Moja. Making sure that he's wearing the gloves given to him, he returned the hug, and it feels nice. No one hugged him before (other than Aizawa-san and Izuku). He saw the other kids with their parents, holding them like they were their treasure. He wanted to feel that, and finally, someone was holding him with gentleness. He heard Izuku giggled.

"Tenko-nii, this is Totoro. Zawa-san called him hammy." He then pointed to the other bear-like snoring under a tree. "That's Snorlax. He loves eating and sleeping!"

Tenko nodded in response. It was just yesterday when Aizawa-san become his hero. They told him that he can stay and be Izuku's big brother. He doesn't know what a big brother does, but he liked the idea of it. Big brother. It gives the words a pleasant feeling. Smiling, he hid his face to Totoro's fur. Soft and nice.

Aizawa was explaining to Nedzu his new situation. It was a good thing that Izuku's school decided to have a one-week school suspension due to the villain attack. Thinking that the children need to recover from the traumatic event, even though it was more like an exciting experience for them.

"Tenko Shimura, huh." Nedzu was surprised to hear the name of Aizawa's new kid. "Did you already sign the adoption paper?" Aizawa shook his head. "I asked Tsukauchi to send it to me as soon as possible. Why?"

"I wanted to ask for your permission to take the child in a DNA test. But since you are not his legal guardian yet, I just need to call Tsukauchi. Although my hunch was telling me he's already expecting my request."

Aizawa's eyes narrowed. "Why?"

Nedzu shrugged. "Tenko-kun might be a grandson of a friend of mine. If he is, then I wanted you to meet someone before you sign the adoption paper."

"It's not going to change my mind, whoever it is."

"If the DNA result comes positive, then the boy needs protection. I do not think you can protect him with Izuku in your care. It might even in danger your son's life."

"I will protect both of them even against All Might if necessary." Aizawa firmly said. Nedzu stared at him for a second. He was expecting the underground hero to ask another 'why' before deciding how to proceed. He wasn't expecting Aizawa to have this determination in adopting another child without knowing the condition he might put himself and Izuku in. Nedzu knew that in spite of Aizawa's impatient when it comes to children, he still has a soft side to them. That was one of the reasons he recruited him to be a teacher of UA. But he never seen him as an overprotective parent with two kids. It was really a surprise for the hybrid hero.

'Well, it's not like Toshinori cannot protect his mentor's grandson if Aizawa signed the adoption paper. Surrounded by heroes, I'm very sure young Shimura will be safe. Hmm... this might even give me an advantage.' Nedzu thought. "Well, if that's the case, then why don't we talk about the important things and the protection of your new son?"

Aizawa looked at him suspiciously. He does not like the sound of it. Every time Nedzu gave him this tone and look, it means he's plotting something that will give the underground hero a no choice but to agree. 'Curse you Nedzu.'

Tenko fit in the family instantly, like he was meant to be with them. Growing up in an environment where in his parents were too busy with their affairs to take care of a child reflected to him. He was not used to the attention and affection, but when he had a taste of it, he took every moment as his last one. Aizawa-san was obviously not into showing too much affection, but he was attentive when it comes to the children in his care. Every gestures and reaction that it seems uncomfortable for Tenko, he makes a mental note of it.