Chapter 19

Amajiki Toru was nervous. He knew the kids were safe, according to one of the polices, but he still wanted to see them himself. Unfortunately for him, that was not possible. 'I might not see them again. They might grow up hating me, but that's fine. At least they are in good hands. Tamaki, Hitoshi, please forgive me.' His thoughts were cut off when someone enter the room.

"I am Detective Tsukauchi Naomasa and this is Fat Gum. We would like to ask some questions and it will be very helpful if you could answer it with honesty, Amajiki-san." Amajiki nodded. They started with basic information until the detective ask about his involvement on the drug trafficking and his organization.

"When did you joined the Silian group?"

"T-three years ago."

"Were you recruited or did you seek them personally?"

"I joined them b-because I have no choice."

"Why is that?"

Toru took a deep breath before answering. "M-my wife had a brain tumor and she needed a surgery. I lose my job as a factory worker when our company was shut down. I don't have money to buy food, much more to pay for medical expenses. So, I asked Shikari if he could lend me some money, not knowing that he is a member of Silian group. He immediately agreed and told me that we could talk about the payment after my wife's operation. I was desperate and scared, that's why I signed the agreement." He paused for a moment, trying to stop the tears on his eyes. "I went back to the hospital and my wife got the surgery she needed, b-but she still didn't make it. T-they told me that they lost her during the operation due to some complication. M-my wife died, leaving me and our son."

Fat Gum and Tsukauchi can see the pain, grief and sorrow on the man's eyes. "After her b-burial, Shikari talked to me about the payment. He wanted me to pay the full amount of the loan including thirty percent of interest to him after one week, and if I can't then, they will take Tamaki away from me! How am I going to find that big amount of money within the week! I found out about his organization and him as a drug lord that time and I will never let my son have them! Not even after my death!"

Fat Gum glanced to the detective to confirm if Toru was telling the truth, Tsukauchi nodded. Toru continued, "That's why, I offer myself to be their dog instead of my son. I think that was Shikari's main goal. He promised not to touch Tamaki, as long as I will stay loyal to them and do my job."

"And you job is..?"

"I deliver the drugs to the buyers."

Tsukauchi took a small paper and showed it to him. "We saw this on the old warehouse near station 5. It has your signature. Will you tell me how did it get there?"

"I think it fell from my pocket." A lie. Tsukauchi's eyebrow raised. "Amajiki-san, why would you sign a receipt from the convenience store after buying a bottled of water?" Toru didn't answer but he was visibly sweating.

The receipt they found was the main lead of the investigation. Because of the signature, they had an idea of an identity of member of the Silian group. They followed Amajiki Toru for a couple of days and were confirmed the hiding location of the group.

"Did you intentionally left this for us to find you?" It was Fat Gum this time who asked him. Toru slowly nodded. "I w-want to stop. The kids should not stay there, w-with me. It is not safe. T-they are innocent and does not deserved to be hidden in a small room."

"The kids, do you mean Amajiki Tamaki and Shinsou Hitoshi?" Toru nodded.

"Shinsou Hitoshi was reported missing after a villain attack their house. His mother is in coma until now and the villain is still unidentified. Do you know anything about the incident?"