Thirty Four

The sirens echoed in Yoongi's head until they slowly morphed into the sound off beeping machines. He tried to open his eyes but they were so heavy, he couldn't find the energy to push on.

His body felt like a truck had bulldozered over him a million times. His head was pounding to the beat of the mechanical beeping, making them louder and louder until he couldn't even hear his own thoughts anymore.

He couldn't seem to remember what had happened. Everything was blurry, his thoughts were like someone had painted over them with black paint, only leaving snippets of memories of which he couldn't make any sense.

Then suddenly words, at first Yoongi couldn't seem to figure out whether it were memories or real people talking. He tried to focus but couldn't follow everything.

"Critical... brain damage... we can't say... wait." It was a woman talking calmingly, was she talking about him? Why couldn't he just remember what had happened?

Then another voice standing right beside him, calling his name softly. A feeling of warmth filled him. Jimin! He tried call out his name, but Jimin didn't seem to hear him because he didn't respond in any way.

"Oh Yoongi, what did you do?"

I don't know, I don't remember, he wanted to scream. Someone please help! The sounds of the room seemed to fade away. Help, please.

It felt like he was falling down a deep hole, images flashing by. Jin's face staring at him with tears glistering in his eyes. The park and the diner passing by, like he was sitting in a car. Hyung-Woo's bar. In the distance he heard his mother calling his name.

Then he landed at the bottom, sitting in a chair.  Immediately he felt how his hands were tied behind his back, and the rope was pulled tighter and tighter until he screamed out in pain.

A villainous laugher filled the dark space. Yoongi couldn't determine the source of it, it sounded like it came from every direction slowly creeping up on him. "Jimin! Jimin please come back!" More laughter.

Emerging from the darkness was Hyung-Woo, covered in blood and with the most horrific grin on his lips. When Yoongi tried to scream there was no longer loud coming from his mouth. He screamed and he screamed soundlessly until his throat hurt. But no one came to help him.

Hyung-Woo was now standing so close he could smell the metallic odour of blood creeping up his nose. "Let's see how many holes we can drill into you." Hyung-Woo laughed demonically.

Just when the drill was about to hit him, Yoongi felt himself falling down once again, leaving Hyung-Woo's hell behind. Again he found himself in this memory tunnel, which he still couldn't seem to understand.

He landed in soft pillows, and his hands were released from the restraining ropes. It took him a while until he realised he was sitting on the couch in living room. When he looked beside him he saw Monet.

She didn't seem to notice the terror in his eyes. "Yoongi I know you love Jimin, but I feel like we understand each other so much better. I know what you've been through."

Yoongi looked at her confused. He must have missed the first half of the conversation. Monet didn't seem to need an answer because she moved closer to him and didn't hesitate once when she pushed her lips onto his.

Just when Yoongi wanted to push her away he heard Jimin's voice behind him. "Yoongi?" He turned around and saw tears streaming down Jimin's face. "Yoongi, I thought you loved me?"

Yoongi tried to get up so he could run to Jimin, to explain that Monet had kissed him and that he only loved him. But all of the sudden he was back in the dark room again, tied to the chair. Hyung-Woo was holding Jimin with a knife to his throat.

With all that was in him Yoongi tried to release himself from the ropes around his wrists. But with every move the ropes only tightened. "Please don't hurt him," Yoongi sobbed.

"I'm not the one who's hurting him Yoongi, it's you. Can't you see?" With that Hyung-Woo slid the knife down Jimin throat. "Can't you see, it's you."

Through his tears Yoongi looked down to his untied hands to see the bloody knife in his own hands. "No, no, no," he cried out. "I would never hurt Jimin, I would never."

"Are you sure," Hyung-Woo asked while he shifted his gaze to Jimin's body on the floor. Yoongi didn't want to look, he couldn't bear the sight of Jimin's dead body. But then he saw movement from the corner of his eye.

It was Jimin, he was walking over to him. He was alive! But when he came closer Yoongi saw the lifeless look in his eyes, and the blood that was still streaming from the wound on his neck. "You did this to me Yoongi, YOU!"

"No Jimin, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to. Please you have to believe me, I would never hurt you." But Jimin didn't hear him. He kept on repeating the words over and over again. "You did this, you did this, you did this!"

Yoongi was sobbing uncontrollably covering his ears, trying to block out Jimin's words. But they seemed to pierce right through his soul. Guilt, fear and grief overtook him until suddenly his mother voice silenced everything.

"It's okay Yoongi, I'm here now." Without hesitation Yoongi ran into his mother's arm, sobbing on her shoulder. His mother softly stroked his hair until he had completely calmed down. "It's okay sweetie, you can open your eyes now. Everything will be okay." And so he did.

"Yoongi?"

***
Hello lovelies,

I don't really know where this chapter came from. It feels very freudian or is that just me... Please let me know what you think about it.

Love Mel💜