Prologue

Okay I'm sorry I'm really excited so I'm writing this way in advance of when it gets published plz don't kill me

Y/N POV

"Y/N hold still would you. I'm trying to make you look like a princess!" Mina snapped.

"I already am a princess, I don't see why you need to do that," I scoffed.

"I can't believe you're getting married!" Lily squealed.

"Her? What about us? We're getting married soon," Yoonji said, hip bumping Lily.

"Mina, as a married woman what is the first thing I should do?" I asked my sister.

She snickered, "I don't think you want me to answer that."

"Ugh I'm so nervous!" I exclaimed, letting my restlessness set in.

Today, was the day. The day every girl dreams of. The day where I truly allow myself to belong to someone else. Someone who I cherish more than my own life.

Kim Namjoon.

How my heart fluttered at the mention of his name.

He was my soulmate, and as cheesy as it sounded it was nothing less than the truth.

"See Y/N. That look in your eyes. That little shimmer that comes when you think from Namjoon. That's what you should expect a married life to feel like. Nothing changes. You love him a lot. And that's what's great. You'll be fine Y/N. We'll all be fine. Because love is a strong bond. Never forget that," Mina said.

I smiled, nervously fiddling with my fingers.

"Cheer up sis. When you walk out it'll be you and him. It'll feel like no one else is there," she said.

I nodded, taking one last glance at me in the mirror.

"Good luck Y/N. We'll be right behind you," Lily said.

I took the hem of my dress in my hand, and waited at the door before walking out on the aisle. I was no longer going to be a Park. Kim Y/N. That's my new name. But I'll always be a Park at heart.

I giggled.

Park and Kim, my two new favorite surnames.

My girls gave me a reassuring hug before the door opened and the wedding music began.

I immediately caught the gaze of Namjoon.

Behind him were six loyal boys who I knew my entire life but were also six of his best friends.

I slowly began walking, all the bad "what if's" playing through my head.

But then I met Namjoon's eyes once again.

His eyes were glossy, but besides that they held nothing but love and adoration.

And that's when my troubles melted away.

I was marrying the man that I loved. What more could I ask for.

I held my gaze with him and walked down the aisle.

I wanted nothing more than to be in his arms.

And when I finally got to the alter he held my cheek in his hand.

"Wow. Hey beautiful," he said.

"You're the cheesiest human being ever, and I love it," I giggled.

The ceremony started, but I wasn't paying attention to the words being uttered. My eyes were stuck in Namjoon's eyes, and they didn't want to leave. They found refuge and a home in his eyes. Like two puzzle pieces that fit together, that's how our eyes locked.

It was time for the vows.

Namjoon stepped up first, holding my hand the entire time.

"Y/N is one of the most precious things in life I could have. And I'm glad to have had such a perfect thing imprinted in my mind my whole life. We were orphans. I hate to say it but we were. My mom left me with a reason, but Y/N, she never found out about her parents. But she was raised with an amazing family. Things were rough for them all, but they fought their battle well and won. Y/N may have never found her family, but she's made one right here. With her friends. Her siblings. Me. She's my family, my home, and my everything. I never got adopted like Y/N did. I wasn't as lucky. So I bounced around from home to home without a real family. But all the while I still smiled with hope and ambition. Because I knew, my home, my life, she'd be waiting for me. Even if it took a while for her to realize it. Y/N, I want to spend eternity with you. I love you Park Y/N. Although we gotta do something about that last name hmm?"

I felt tears in my eyes.

I didn't think I could top that.

But nonetheless, I stepped up to the mic and began, "Kim Namjoon. It's just a name to many. But to me, to the fans, to the company, your members, Kim Namjoon is so much more than a name. To the fans, it's the name of the man who leads them and his soldiers to victory. Someone who never leaves anyone behind, and fights with eloquence and grace. Someone who leads. A leader. The leader. To the company, you're the guy that brought you and your group to the top. You made the company have hope in a brighter future. It took a while I'm sure. But you rose above the doubters. You did it. To the members, you're the one who's gonna take them higher. Who's gonna be the first one to support them when they need it. And the one who they put their trust in, because you showed them that you know what you're doing. And to me. You're my world. It's almost like you're my lifeline. I can't survive without you. I refuse to even try. The universe brought us back together, and as a faithful believer in the universe, I made sure we stayed together. I love you so much. And I'm so glad we're together. No one, and I mean no one, can understand the amount of joy I get when I'm around you."

Namjoon's eyes also started getting a bit damp.

"By the power vested in me, you may now kiss the bride."

Namjoon held my waist and pulled me closer.

The whole space around us disappeared and it was just us again.

Our heads moved closer and when we kissed it was magical.

His arm was firmly securing my waist, allowing me to melt in his embrace.

He abruptly pulled back making me jump in shock and absence of touch.

"We can continue later," he winked bringing my attention to my family and friends happily cheering.

I smiled.

It was...

Perfect.