Chapter 21

"Does this dress look good on me?" I asked.

"It looks perfect. Pardon me asking, but why do you care so much?" Namjoon questioned.

I sighed.

I wasn't too sure why I cared.

Maybe deep down it was some weird mother complex I had. Even though she hurt me, I still wanted to make her proud and impressed.

Or maybe it was my pettiness coming out again and just trying to show her and her creepy boyfriend that I was fierce no matter what they said to me.

Namjoon whistled as I twirled around to see if I looked good.

I narrowed my eyes, "Are you catcalling your wife?"

He nervously scratched his head, "No! It wasn't catcalling! It was me admiring my very gorgeous wife with a sound from my mouth!"

I squished his cheeks, "I'm teasing. It's not so fun when you're on the receiving end huh?"

He pouted causing my heart to melt.

"We should probably get going," I said, noticing the time.

We linked arms walking in the cool Seoul air. The restaurant was walking distance which was good because I was advised to not drive as much.

The air was pretty frigid but it was pleasant. I always liked the cold more than the heat. I found it more comfortable. It's funny actually. Whenever it was an overcast day and there were clouds in the sky, my siblings would whine about how it was so gloomy, but I found days like that so peaceful and content. Maybe it wasn't happy, but I definitely enjoyed the weather. It was serene. Made me feel calm.

"So what do you think this restaurant has?" Namjoon asked.

"I don't know, but I hope it's good. I've been wanting to try this place for a while. Apparently it just opened up," I said.

After a short walk we arrived at the restaurant.

Eight-thirty sharp.

We were sat at a table for four, waiting for Nayoung and her boyfriend to come.

We looked at the menu, mouth watering at all the food.

"Holy cow this is so expensive but looks so good," I gasped.

We were so engrossed in the menu that we didn't see Nayoung and her boyfriend arrive.

"Hello?" She said.

We both jumped, the menu falling out of our hands.

"Sorry we were just scanning the menu," Namjoon said.

"It looked like you were examining it," Nayoung joked.

We all sat in silence, not one of us wanting to make eye contact.