Chapter 10

I'm failing as a writer smh. Sorry guys. But we're a third of the way there! Also a mention. Every ten chapters the story will proceed 3 months. So yeah! Happy reading 📖

3 Months Later

"Joon! Look at how big the bump is! Is it supposed to be that large in three months?! Something is wrong! I look so bad!" I whined, turning my body in the mirror.

"Baby. You look perfect. You always have. And you always will. We have an appointment in five days so we'll see why the bump is a bit larger than normal. But nothing is wrong and you still look gorgeous," Namjoon said, giving me a massage.

We were hosting a party today. It wasn't like a baby shower, but it was just a get-together. We haven't seen our friends in a while so we wanted to throw a small party.

 We haven't seen our friends in a while so we wanted to throw a small party

"You look beautiful by the way," he said, resting his chin on my shoulder.

I sighed, "I sure hope so."

"Hey. There's no need to be self-conscious. It's just the boys and your friends who are coming over. They all love you for who you are. Pregnant or not," he said.

"I know. And I appreciate it. But I don't know. I have a really off feeling today. Maybe it has nothing to do with the pregnancy at all. But something is bugging me," I said unsurely.

"Well whatever it is, I'm sure it'll sort itself out once you start having fun," he said.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang.

"Someone must be here!" He announced.

I went to the door and opened it.

But none of our friends were there.

A women, in her mid-forties, although it was hard to tell under all the plastic surgery, was standing there, smiling widely.

She had this aura amongst her as if she had major purpose being at my doorstep, something dead-set on her face.

"Umm hello?" I answered, unsure of what to make of the visitor.

"Hello there! My name is Lim Nayoung," she greeted.

"And?" Was the only thing I could think to say.

"You're Park Y/N right?" She asked excitedly.

I was considering telling her I got married and changed my last name, but I decided to keep most of my private life as private as possible till I knew who she was.

"Why do you ask?" I said.

"Wait are you Y/N?" She asked again, her patience slowly wearing thin.

"I am. Why do you need to know?" I glared at her in the face.

I can get irritated very easily.

"Finally," she muttered under her breath, almost inaudible.

"My name is Lim Nayoung as I said before! I am your biological mother!" She said, reaching her hand out to mine.

And thus a trigger was clicked in my mind.

The mention of my mother or father leaves me paralyzed.

I never found out anything about them and frankly stopped trying or caring.

But it still set me off when I heard mention of them.

Not to mention my bad experience with adoptive parents.

Parents related to me in general triggered me I guess.

My hands started to get sweaty.

I slammed the door in an irrational push.

I felt like the world was spinning.

I felt miles away from where I was standing.

I started mumbling incoherent nonsense terms, trying to plead for help.

Namjoon was at my side in an instant and immediately I burst out into tears.

He wrapped his arms protectively around me and gently rocked me back and forth.

"Hey it's okay. You're fine. You're with me. Namjoon remember. And your kids are here too," he hummed into my ears.

I slowly calmed down, the sensation of pure soullessness diminishing.

"Who was at the door?" He asked sternly.

"Someone named Lim Nayoung. Claimed to be my biological...you know," I said weakly.

He got up abruptly and stormed to the door.

Namjoon POV

"Please leave right now," I said angrily.

"Who the hell are you?!" Lim Nayoung asked furiously.

"You have no right to question me like that lady. Now get lost. Before I call the cops. I hate liars and this is not a funny joke," I spat.

"Don't get so worked up. I have proof," she said.

She showed me a bunch of documents about
Y/N's birth. Everything was right. Date, time, location, adoption center. All of it.

I looked at her again, rage burning in my eyes.

"Documents or not. Right now is a bad time for you to come and reconcile your abandonment to your daughter. She's grown up fine without you and is a successful woman. She doesn't need to have a mother or father in her life again. Now leave," I said angrily.

"Actually her father died just shy of her birth. We were twenty and in college. We might've kept her if her father didn't decide to do drugs. Not that I didn't do it too. But after of course. He died. I gave her up. So there's no father in this equation," she scoffed.

I heard Y/N choke out a sob.

"Wow. Utterly disgusting. Now leave. Don't make me say it again," I warned.

"Whatever you say twerp. Y/N sweetheart! I love you!" The hag called out as he sauntered away.

I went back to Y/N who's hands were clenched tightly, and her teeth were about to break from how tightly clamped down her jaw was.

"Hey breathe. She's gone," I said, rubbing her back.

"I highly doubt that's the end of her. I told you I had a bad feeling," she mumbled.

"Do you want to cancel the party?" I asked, unsure of how to help.

"No. The party is exactly what I need right now," she said.

Everyone had come over, and the atmosphere slowly became less awkward. But the rage and confusion in her eyes was still obvious. At least to me and her siblings.

She tried her best to distract her anger, but the gaze in her eyes.

She rarely gave those looks.

She was angry.

Hurt.

Confused.

Irritated.

Mina and Jimin were worried.

I didn't want to fill them in just yet.

Y/N wouldn't want them to know just yet.