Chapter 11

Y/N POV

The party was a success, but throughout the entire evening, that woman, Lim Nayoung, she resonated in my mind.

Her words.

Her proof.

Her demeanor.

Her existence.

It puzzled me.

Trapped my mind in between its thoughts and reason.

Backing me into a corner.

I guess Namjoon could sense my tension because he came behind me and back-hugged me.

"You wanna talk about it?" He asked.

"Not really," I said distantly.

A defeated sigh escaped his lips as he sighed, "Okay," unwrapping his arms from my waist.

"Wait. Don't go. Let's stay like this. Please?" I asked, shocked by the absence of warmth around my body.

He chuckled, "Sure thing sweetheart."

We hugged for what felt like an hour.

"Come on baby. Let's go to sleep. Tomorrow is a new day," he said.

Time Skip

I woke up the next morning to loud knocking at the door.

While Namjoon groggily groaned about it, I got out of bed and went to answer the door.

When I opened it, Nayoung was standing there beaming proudly.

"Hey girly!" She squealed.

I shut the door in her face, but she was able to stop it from fully shutting in time.

"Listen. We need to talk. And I know you totally wouldn't want to talk to me but I need you to hear me out," she said.

She had an annoying voice that sounded like she was one of those popular girls in Disney movies who tried to hard to sound squeaky.

"Listen Nayoung. I'm not really in the mood to deal with a pathological liar right now," I rolled my eyes.

"I know you don't believe me. But I know you heard me tell that guy, whoever he was, that I had all the documents. And you knew they were all right," she smirked.

I gritted my teeth, "What do you want?"

"I told you already. I want to talk," she said.

I looked at the floor.

"You still don't believe me," she said half-dejectedly and half-annoyedly.

I shut my eyes, trying to push the tears back, "You can come in. But I will be asking all the questions."

She smiled, entering my home.

Namjoon was already sitting on the couch, waiting for us to come in.

When I sat next to him he rested his chin on my shoulder and whispered, "Are you sure about this?"

I smiled, "Not in the slightest."

He chuckled half-heartedly.

"You have a lovely home Y/N," Nayoung said.

"Stop right there. This isn't time for chit-chat. You answer when I ask you a question or address you. Otherwise do not speak," I said firmly.

"Nice going baby," Namjoon whispered, causing me to shudder.

I looked back at Nayoung, flurries or unnameable emotions coursing through my veins.

I took a deep breath and began my questioning, "Is it true what you said about my father?"

She looked at me, her eyes flickering for a moment, "Your father was quite the man. I was absolutely heartbroken when he died. We had been dating since we were fifteen. Then whilst in college at twenty I became pregnant. We were weighing our options heavily. We said the pros and cons of us becoming parents but we both knew we wanted a good life for you. He was a druggy though. And I guess having a kid gave him all the more reason to do it because it's a kid I mean come on."

Namjoon and I were holding hands behind our backs so she wouldn't see. And when she said that we both dug our fingers into the others' hand.

For one I wasn't buying her sympathy and remorse and two the thing she said about him doing more drugs because of me got me so upset and hurt.

"Okay. Next question. Why after twenty-five years have you decided to come find me and place yourself back into my life?" I asked harshly.

"Wow bitter aren't we? Well it's pretty simple. I'm forty-five now. I have a boyfriend and he's thirty and just got back from the military. Before doing so he quit his job so when arriving back from service he was jobless. And I work at a fast food restaurant so we're not living the wealthiest lives," she said.

"So you waltzed into my life because you wanted money from me?! How classy!" I snapped back.

"I didn't come back for your money! I came back because I wanted to see my only daughter!" She retorted.

I rolled my eyes, not buying it.

"Okay next. Why come back now when you could've come back years ago?" I asked.

"Couldn't find you. Wasn't determined to," she shrugged.

I blinked twice, shocked at how nonchalantly she declared her distaste of my existence at first.

"Well that response has left me out of questions. I guess do you have any for me?" I said, not sure how to react or respond to life at this point.

"I've got three. One, where's the bathroom? Two, what is going on between you and Mister High-Horse over here? Three, I would love it if you came shopping with me tomorrow!" She said.

"The last one wasn't a question," I said.

"Don't be one of those people!" She rolled her eyes.

"Umm...well the bathroom is down to hall to the right," I stalled.

I really didn't want to tell her about Namjoon and I or answer her request.

Namjoon gave my hand a quick squeeze, giving me a slight burst of energy to get through this.

"What's going on between us is marriage and I guess I can go out with you tomorrow," I said softly.

I decided to leave out the pregnancy detail for now.

She looked at me, "You married this piece of...you know what. I won't push it. I'll be going to the bathroom and then I'll be out of your hair."

When she finished she stopped at the door, "Tomorrow. I'll pick you up. I don't know what time so just be ready. I don't like to wait."

"Why should she have to...!" Namjoon burst out, but I held his arm back, pleading him to let it go.

She walked out snuggly leaving a very angry Namjoon.

"You don't roll by her schedule Y/N!" He exclaimed.

"Would you relax a little? I've got it under control," I said.

"But you can't let her treat you the way she did this entire interrogation! Not to mention that she's super sketchy and I really don't think you're safe around her!" He shouted.

"Honey, for one stop shouting. Two, this is why I'm doing this. To figure her out. Believe me, I'm more skeptical than you could ever be. But I need to find out information. This is the only time I'll ever know anything about my biological family," I said.

"But I'm worried for you," he said defeatedly.

I held his jaw firmly in my hand, kissing him gently.

"I'm worried for me too. But thrill stems from worry and who wants a life without thrill?"