Chapter 6

After the party we all went home and let the boys catch up on some sleep and rest. But while Namjoon slept easily, I was already worrying about literally everything. Just motherhood in general, the struggles pregnancy was gonna bring, how I was gonna tell the rest of the guys, just everything in general. I was on the verge of a mental breakdown.

But then I heard a soft snore that brought me back to reality.

I gently turned my head and looked at Namjoon.

"Thank you baby," I said, laying down, and pressing myself against him.

He suddenly rolled and wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him.

"Just shut your eyes and go to sleep honey. You don't have to worry about anything yet," he said.

And that's why I loved him. He never said that I wouldn't face problems. But that it wouldn't happen right away and that he'd help me through them all.

But just as I was about to go back to sleep my alarm went off.

"Why did I set an alarm?" I asked, giving an apologetic smile to the very groggy Namjoon.

I looked at my phone, suddenly jumping out of bed in a flustered haste, "Shoot! I forgot I made an appointment today with the doctor to discuss this whole pregnancy!"

Namjoon got up as well, rushing to get ready.

I quickly got ready and fled the house with Namjoon.

"Do you want me to drive?!" Namjoon said in a moment of haste.

"Did you forget that you don't know how to drive?" I laughed.

He blushed furiously, "But will you be okay?"

"Duh," I huffed.

I started up the engine and drove to the doctor.

Time Skip

When we finally arrived we signed and waited patiently in the waiting room.

"Baby, can you get me a Twix from the vending machine," I cooed, trying to act cute.

He smiled, "Sure babe."

While he was getting my snack, my attention was drawn to something else.

This woman was casually walking to exit the hospital.

She turned to look at me, and we made direct eye contact.

She gave me a small smile. A smile that hid a secret. A menacing kindness.

She turned to walk out of the hospital, but I was still staring at where she was.

Namjoon came back to me, handing me the Twix bar. But I wasn't paying attention at all.

"Y/N are you okay? You look like you've just seen a ghost," he said, taking my hand.

"I feel like I have just seen a ghost," I said softly.

"Kim Y/N!" A nurse called, pulling me from my daze.

"Oh yes!" I exclaimed, standing up suddenly.

But Namjoon held my hand and stopped me, "Hey. You okay?"

I looked at him and smiled, "Yeah. It was probably just effects of being pregnant." I wasn't even sure who I was trying to convince with that one.

"I don't believe you but I won't push it. Just let me know okay. Remember what we talked about yesterday," he said.

"I know. I just saw this woman and something sparked inside of me. I don't think it was really important or anything. Now come on. We got baby talks to do," I said, grabbing his hand and giving it a squeeze.