Chapter 25

The Next Day

Namjoon POV

It was early in the morning and Y/N was fast asleep.

I tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear, admiring her beautiful face.

It made me nostalgic thinking about what we went through to get to this point.

It took a while, but we managed to get through it and settle down together. And to be honest I was worried it wouldn't happen. I was worried that something cliche would get in the way. But Y/N isn't like that. She's all for cliches, but in desperate situations, she relies on others and doesn't try to deal with things on her own.

And that was one of them many reasons why I was so madly in love with her.

Every morning I wake up and thank my lucky stars for her. She truly is a gift that I would never ever want to lose.

But all my admiration for her was cut short when there was a loud and aggressive knock on the door.

She groaned a bit, mumbling some incoherent words before falling back to sleep.

I kissed her head, leaving the room to go answer the door.

I rubbed my eyes while opening the door, so I was surprised when Nayoung came bursting through the door.

"Umm hello to you too?" I said.

"Where's Y/N? I need to speak to her now!" She exclaimed.

"She's resting," I answered.

"I'm going to go wake her," she said.

I stopped her, "What is this about? I think it can wait until she rests."

"It can't. I need to talk to her now!" She exclaimed.

There was a small yawn from the bedroom.

Before I could grab her, Nayoung was already in the room and locked the door behind me.

Y/N POV

I let out a sleepy yawn.

What was all the yelling about?

I stretched a bit in bed about to get out, but I heard quick and loud footsteps sprint up the stairs.

Nayoung burst into the room locking the door behind her.

Namjoon was banging on the door loudly, begging for her to let him in.

I was scared.

She was pacing back and forth not saying a word.

Her pacing and the silence gave me major anxiety.

Silence.

What a deadly thing.

Something that can signify so much.

Especially being let down.

"I need you to give me money. Lots of it. You're rich, and I need you to spare your mom some money," she blurted.

She was biting her nails, continuing her pacing.

But I didn't care.

It felt like my whole world had shattered.

That was one of the first things I had asked her when she came back into my life. I asked her if she was going it for money, and I believed her. Even with all the signs, I believed her. I should've known she wouldn't come back without a reason.

"You're married to the leader of the biggest boyband in the world. If you don't want to use your own money give me his account and I'll take it from him. I need money desperately," she begged.

I could feel hot tears burning in my eyes. I thought I was being too tough on her and here she was coming to collect what she wanted all along.

"Was this your intention the whole time?" I asked.

"Y/N I need the money," her voice trailed off.

"I asked you a question! WAS THIS YOUR INTENTION THE WHOLE TIME?!" I screamed.

She exploded, "YES! I NEVER WOULD'VE COME BACK IF IT WEREN'T FOR MY DESPERATE NEED FOR MONEY!"

My heart was being shredded.

"This was all some rouse?! To gain my trust! You're sick! Get out of my house!" I bellowed.

"I. Won't. Leave. Without. The. Money," she stated.

"I will call the cops. Get out of my house. From the moment I was born I've always been a thorn in your side. But I learned to get over it. And then your had to come back and ruin it all. Trying to gain my trust so I'd give you money. You're horrible. You don't have the right to call me your daughter. You never did and you never will. You're a disappointment and a lousy excuse for a mother," I spat.

She rolled her eyes, "Stop being a child Y/N, and give me the stupid money! All I need is a monthly deposit into my account!"

"And to think I actually enjoyed shopping with you yesterday. To think I thought I was foolish for feeling uneasy around you. And to think I thought you actually wanted to be apart of my life. My life was perfectly fine till you and your boyfriend came in and ruined it. Get out of my life. I never want to see you again. Get out. GET OUT NOW!" I screamed.

Her eyes softened slightly.

"Y/N, I didn't know..."

"Get out. I have nothing left to say to you," I spat.

I was full on crying, tears hitting the blanket below me.

Nayoung had started crying too.

"If I don't get that money, my boyfriend will break up with me," she cried.

I couldn't believe my ears.

"Good god your relentless! You're doing this because of your stupid perverted boyfriend! Good god woman, grow up! That boyfriend of yours is a perverted jerk who deserves to be alone for the rest of his life! You're doing this for him because he's too lazy to get a job right?! Just get out, my god!" I hissed.

She was sobbing, "I'm sorry Y/N. Since you're being selfish I'll let you know what happens to me and then go. He'll break up with me and then I'll leave and have to go back to square one of finding someone."

"Out."

She opened the door, hitting Namjoon in the face with the door and stormed out of the house.

Once she was gone I burst into tears and ugly sobs.

I sobbed into his shoulders, feeling extremely hurt and betrayed.

"How could she?" I cried.

"She's not worth it. Let her go on and live her life. You live yours. In the end you'll be the one with the good life and she'll have no one because she chose her boyfriend over her daughter," Namjoon consoled.

Namjoon hovered over me and pressed a passionate yet gentle kiss to my lips. He knew I needed to feel loved and he was right there like he always was. I was so thankful for him. I'm going to make sure I'm the best wife and mother I can be. For him.

Through the kiss I felt something wet drop on my cheek.

I noticed that Namjoon had started crying.

I took my hands and dried his tears.

"Seeing you weep breaks my heart," he choked, lying down next to me with his arm securely around me.