Chapter 14

Later that day we heard yet another knock at the door.

I groaned thinking it was Nayoung and her weird boyfriend.

"I'll get it," Namjoon sighed.

He looked like he was about to shout but relaxed when he saw Mina and Seokjin.

"I heard my baby sister was feeling sick," she cooed.

"I'm not a baby," I protested weakly, trying to sit up.

"Y/N lie back down you need to rest," Namjoon ordered.

"I'm not a child," I retorted.

"Maybe not, but you've got a child inside of you. Maybe you don't need to rest but for the sake of our child you're going to rest," he said, pushing me down lightly.

Mina and Seokjin were observing carefully. Even without directly looking at them, I knew they were watching. I could feel their head move back and forth between Namjoon and I as we argued.

But luckily Rapmon came bounding into the room to break the awkward tension.

He greeted Mina and Seokjin happily, making sure to convey as much of his excitement as he could.

After the welcoming he came and settled next to me on the couch.

"I see the doggo hasn't lost his spirit," Mina smiled.

"Not in the slightest. So how are things with you two?" I asked.

They both smiled shyly which made me feel warm and happy in my heart.

"So what's the story with that nutty lady claiming to be your birth mom?" Mina asked, sitting down next to me.

"You mean my birth mom?" I chuckled.

"Yeah sure. What's the deal with her?" She asked.

"I don't know. She suddenly wants to be apart of my life. I honestly don't know her intentions. It hurts my head to think about," I sighed.

Mina looked down, a hint of sadness loitering in her eyes.

Seokjin grabbed her hand firmly and gave her a reassuring squeeze.

I smiled weakly at the gesture.

We all sat in silence for awhile not knowing what to say.

I mean what do you say?

How does one react to their adopted sister whom they've grown up with suddenly have their estranged mother come back?

I couldn't imagine how Jimin and Mina had been feeling.

I had been so caught up in my shock and disbelief that I didn't even think that they would be feeling awkward or confused about it.

It must've felt like the sister they practically saved was throwing away all their efforts.

It broke my heart incredibly.

I looked at Mina who was sweetly pressing the towel to my head while she, Seokjin, and Namjoon made small talk.

I grabbed her hand to stop her from putting the towel on my head.

She looked at me with confusion.

"Y/N you need this on your head," she said.

"And I need this in yours. I'm sorry that I haven't been considerate to you and Jimin. You guys must be uncomfortable about the situation too," I apologized.

She looked at me in shock and confusion and then burst out laughing, "Y/N you're insanely delusional and it's cute. Why would we ever be upset about this? We're not hurt. And we definitely don't think you're abandoning us if that's what you think. If anything, we're worried about you. You've dealt with a lot in your life in regards to parents. I mean first you were put up for adoption. Then you dealt with mom's death and dad going psycho. And now you find out your biological father is dead and your mom is a weirdo who's suddenly appeared with a strangely young and creepy boyfriend. We're worried for our baby sister."

That's when it all hit me.

"But you've been through it with me. You've dealt with the same pain if not more," I said, ignoring the pleading throbs of my head.

She smiled, placing the towel on my head.

I couldn't think straight.

I noticed her hand had left Seokjin's and now her and Namjoon were silently watching our affair.

I took the opportunity I saw and grabbed her hand tightly. Our finger immediately locked tightly.

I looked up at her with teary eyes.

What is happening to me?

Is this a dream?

Am I even real?

Is this some sick joke by someone?

What the hell even is reality anymore?

All these questions swarmed my head. But all the while I never let go of Mina's hand.

Her eyes held deep concern. But the moment happened to quick before she just crashed on me, embracing me tightly.

"Y/N, you're not alone. You've got twelve people to rely on," she said softly.

I gave out a choked chuckle, "And who's the twelfth person?"

"The amazing baby that's inside of you that's gonna do great things in life. And grow up in a world where life is fair to it," she held back a sob.

"Mina honey. We should go and give Joon and Y/N some alone tome hmm. I'll go buy you your favorite boba drink," Seokjin said softly, gently pulling back his ready-to-cry wife away from me.

It amazed me how different Jin and Seokjin were. And how through being Jin, Seokjin learned to incorporate him into his life, while still remaining the ever wise Seokjin.

Mina smiled, kissing the top of my head, "You deserve the best Y/N. And nothing less."

And with that they left, leaving the thick atmosphere to hang loosely in the air.

I looked at Namjoon and just broke.

His soft, sympathetic eyes pushed me over the edge.

"God dammit Kim Namjoon. Why do you have to look at me like I'm the only person that matters!" I sobbed, not fighting him quickly coming and wrapping his arms around me.

"Because you are. Now tell me why you are crying," he said, rocking me slowly in his arms.

"I—don't know," I said.

"Y/N?"

"I really don't know!"

"Y/N?!"

"Namjoon, I don't know!"

"Y/N—!"

Before he could say anything else I cut him off with a kiss.

His reaction was immediate, enveloping me in a warm sense of love.

He reached down into the depths to find the cause of my unhappiness and dispose of it.

My mind was hazy.

Drunk off the feeling of confusion and sorrow and hurt.

And high off the feeling of hormones and exhaustion.

But oh so enjoying the feeling of paradise currently warming my body.

I slightly turned the two of us so I could lightly push him back onto the couch.

"Y/N~" he said through the kiss.

I continued the kiss, not wanting the mirage to end.

"Y/N, you're not in the right mindset and you know it. Lost in feelings of self-doubt and confusion. I know you Y/N. Stop before you regret it," he said.

I broke down again, tears falling onto his golden cheeks and swollen lips.

"I don't know Namjoon. I don't know what's wrong with me," I said.

"I know baby. Believe me I know."