Oneshot: Sal x Paralyzed!Reader|| I'll protect you

I'll protect you

Warnings: A bit of gore, Long, idk man

Backstory: You were paralyzed from the waist down because of a car accident. Your family moved to Addison Apartments because it had an elevator for you (because you're in a wheelchair), you and your family have been there for around eight mouths.

Your Point of View

I wheeled my way over to my home phone with a smile on my face. I dialed a number I've called countless times, My friend Sally Face. He lived just two doors down and was always there to help me if I needed something. Today however I didn't needed help at all! ( Well I kinda did, but I wasn't just calling for help)

After about two rings, Sal picked up the phone.
"Hello?"
"Hey Sal, it's (Y/N) I was wondering if maybe we could... go for a stroll in the forest?" I played with the cord and I thought about my question. I was lucky enough to have a all-terrain wheelchair, but the forest had a lot of hills.

"It is nice out, so sure why not. Do you want to meet at the elevator orrr..." I sighed a little and responded,
"Sal you don't need to pick me up from my apartment, I can do somethings on my own." He stuttered out quickly.
" I-I wasn't trying to b-be rude I-I-I just thought that-" I cut him off with a giggle.
" I know Sal... it's fine really, but I will need your help outside the apartment."
" Ok... I'm sorry again."
" It's fine.. I'll see you outside."

We then hung up and I wheeled over to the door.
" Mom I'm outing out with Sal!" I yelled letting her know. I heard her laugh and yelled back,
" Finally! Now maybe I might have grandkids!" I blushed and yelled.
" Not like that!" She laughed again and walked out of the kitchen, then said,
" I know, I know... but the grandkids would have such beautiful hair." I blushed harder and opened the door quickly yelling,
" Bye mom!"

When I closed the door behind me, I see Sal standing there in an almost abnormal outfit. Instead of his normal sweater, he wore a simple t-shirt and his red jeans, most likely because of the warm weather.

"Ready to go?" I asked, wheeling up.
" Yep." He responded, pushing the elevator button. When we made it to the ground floor he took the back of my chair and started to push me.
"Thanks for coming with me Sally. It'll be nice to get out for the day."
" No problem," he replied, " I love taking stroll with you, and it would be nice to get some fresh air."

We stepped outside and looked at the outdoors around us. I've always thought that the land around the apartments was beautiful. We past trees, and flowers and some bugs flying in the air. It was so nice and warm out, that the smile on my face grew.

Because of my wheelchair, I didn't leave my apartment very often; The only times really were for school. So the outside grew to be one of my favorite places, plus today had bonus points because I was with my favorite person.

Sal and I had a routine route we'd take every time we would walk. It made a half circle around the apartments and ended close to the old church up on its hill. Sal and I would talk back and forth of our day or maybe something that had us down. One time when we were walking, I talked about the night of my accident and how scared I was, causing me to start crying. Sal stopped walking altogether just to hug me, and told me he'd always be there to protect me from now on; that day was really important to me.

Later on the sun was close to setting and we were almost back home. The last bit of the trail was a rocky path with a lot of bushes on the left side. We were close now and could see the path to the sidewalk, when a large snake had got in our path. Sal didn't see it at first, but when it lifted itself up like it was going to attack he quickly turned out of the way and lost balance, falling into the bushes.