Oneshot: Maple x Reader|| Autumn Trees

Autumn Trees

Requested by: Lorel_Is_Trash
(Thank you for requesting Maple, I love her to bites and I was so happy to write about her!)

Your point of view

"(Y/N), is this going to take long? It's getting late and we're pretty far in." Maple said, with her hand half way in mine as we walked through the fallen leaves on the forest floor.
"I promise we are almost there, it won't take long." I reassured, as I listened to her sigh.

Me and Maple have been dating for a couple years now, our anniversary was a few days ago. Everything was going great, but for the week Maple seemed... off, like something was bothering her. So, I wanted to do something special, something to make her smile.

The world around us slowly darkened as we went deeper into the wooded area. When I heard her shiver, I pulled her closer and wrapped my arms around her. She let out a breathe, quiet laugh as we continued.

Soon we made it to the spot.
"We'reeee heeeerrrrre!" I chirped, as I watched Maple's face grow into confusion. We separated and stood staring at a very tall, old tree. The wind blow the tree, closing leaves to fall around us making a calming noise.

"A... Tree? You-you, why?" Maple said, drawing my attention.
"Don't you see? It's a maple tree!" I laughed a little at the end with a big happy smile. Maple walked up to the tree and places her hand on its truck.
"But why? Why bring us all the way out here for a tree?"

I took her hand once more, but she didn't hold it back. Then I pulled her the the side of the tree and said,
"I know it's... weird and not much, but you've looked sad these past few days and I wanted to do something... rememberable..." There on the side of the tree was our names carved into its wood flesh; and right under it was the words "Will you marry me?"

Maples hand slipped out of mine and she stepped back.
"M-maple? are you ok?" I turned to look at her as the wind blow through her hair and jacket.
"Y-you're joking right? Like this can't be real?" She took a couple more steps back and watched me.

"Maple, of course it's real!" I got down of one knee and pulled out the ring, then I continued, "Maple I love you to the moon and everything past it! You mean everything to me, you are my everything.... and I can't see a life where you're not with me." Maple was crying, I was crying, we just stood there in the cold autumn night staring at each other.

"I-I thought..." She was shaking like crazy, I can't tell if it was from the cold or her emotions. I stood up and walked over to her, then wrapped her in my arms again.
"You thought what?"
"... I thought you were going to leave me. I-I thought that you didn't love me anymore!"

It hurt my heart to hear her say that, I kissed her head and whispered into her neck,
"No never. I love you so, so, so much. You should never think I don't. I love you Maple...So... will you marry me?"
"Y-yes... Yes I'm so sorry I ever thought otherwise!"

My heart fluttered as I slipped the ring on her finger and pulled her into a warm, loving kiss. I was finally going to marry the girl of my dreams, I was finally going to call her my wife.

(A/N sorry for not updating)

4-12-19