Oneshot: Travis x Pen Pal!Reader|| Hello!

Hello!
(A/N Travis will be Pan just so he's still a 'sinner', but it's also unisex :p )

Warnings: Swearing, homophobic slur, religious beliefs

Travis' Point of view

It was after school and since my dad was at his afternoon prayer group, I got on to the computer in the home office. I wasn't aloud in there when my dad was home, so this was my only time with the internet.

After thinking about what to do, I went with A.W.I or America with Internet (A/N the game takes place in the 90's so it's a knock off A.O.L. If you don't know it, google it) When I got logged in, I saw I had one message, something I wasn't used to. When I looked, I found it was from someone I didn't know.

[ Bold= Travis Italics= You]

(Y/N)therad: Hello!
Trav'sNotGay: Do I know you?
(Y/N)therad: Nope! But your profile was interesting, so I wanted to talk to you!
Trav'sNotGay: Ok whatever
(Y/N)therad: Soooo, Mr. Not Gay, how was your day?
Trav'sNotGay: What do you care?
(Y/N)therad: Why wouldn't I care, I mean I asked after all. I'm just trying to make a friend. :)

I was a bit confused, no one really wanted to talk to me. Even the assholes I call my "friends" don't want to talk to me. So why did this random person online care so much.

Trav'sNotGay: Is this a joke?
(Y/N)therad: Nope! I really just want to be your friend. I promise!

I was still a little wary, but went with it. I actually found myself having a bit of fun talking to them. They were kind, and actually wanted to talk to me. We continued to talk, until my dad got home. I spent the rest of my day thinking about them.

I did the same thing the next day to find, yet again they had left a message.

(Y/N)therad: Hello again!

I was reluctant, but answered them.

Trav'snotgay: Hey
(Y/N)therad: Soooo, how are you Trav?
Trav'snotgay: I'm ok I guess, I put a couple of faggets in their places.
(Y/N)therad: Trav, that's not very nice.
Trav'snotgay: It's disgusting and sinful, they deserve it.
(Y/N)therad: But truly think about it, would you want someone to treat you that way because of who you loved?
Trav'snotgay: Don't try to change my mind, or you'd just be like everyone else.
(Y/N): Ok, fine. I'm sorry. Let's just talk about something better, ok?
Trav'snotgay: Whatever

A lot of our conversations went like that, but the more we talked the more comfortable I felt with them. After months of talking, I felt like they were the only one I could trust.

(A/N you can change your names on the real A.O.L so after some time they changed theirs.)

Jazzycheeses( you): Sup Travis!
Holymacaroni(travis): Hey (Y/N)
Jazzycheeses: How's things at the Phelps residence?
Holymacaroni: Shitty like always
Holymacaroni: Hey could I ask you something?
Jazzycheeses: Of course, anything
Holymacaroni: Why do you support homosexuals so much?

It had been on my mind for a while now. I'd consider (Y/N) as my best friend, so it scared me when it took them a minute to answer, but eventually (Y/N) reply.