Chapter 2

Okay I've check and rechecked all of my crap that I have with me. I found out that I will be traveling on a bus with a bunch of smelly guys that also work for the tour. I would rather be on Brantley's bus, but of course he's one of the stars, so he gets his own personal bus. I hope I get to meet his dog, Sylo or Sy as he calls him. He is so adorable and for the longest time I've wanted to adopt a pit bull. Unfortunately, I live in an apartment with Riah and they don't allow dogs over a certain weight.

As I'm directed to my bus, I shake hands with all the guys. There are five guys and myself. The guy named Jake has made nothing but sexist comments towards me. Brady is another asshole who commented on how large my boobs were. Him and Jake have insinuated that I will be cooking and cleaning for them. They even had the nerve to joke that they would share a bunk with me. What dicks! I can't believe I'm going to be stuck with these jerks. Two of the other guys just laughed along with Jake and Brady. Only one of the tried to defend me. Evan seems well mannered, but he's still a man. I'm still a little weary of him too.

I close the curtain to my bunk as tears fall from my eyes. We still have about two hours until we make it to our next stop. The bus driver is a sweet, older gentleman who I've been talking with in order to get away from those assholes. I don't want to call Riah and cry to her. She was so excited about me taking this job that I don't have the heart to tell her I'm miserable so far. I wonder how the other female is on the other bus, that I'm supposed to be working with. I put in my earphones and drift off to the raspy voice of Brantley Gilbert.

I wake up to a commotion on the bus. I'm almost afraid to get out of my bunk. God only knows what these idiots are doing. I brace myself and slide out of my bunk slowly. I realize that they were excited because we arrived at our destination and they were going to eat. I decide to get changed and head to the grocery store so I can make myself something on the bus.

As I'm walking up and down the aisles with a basket, I'm wondering what is simple that I can cook on the bus. I'm so into my thoughts that I don't realize that someone is walking right towards me, until I fall to the ground. "Ahh!" I squeal as I fall on my ass. "Uh oh. I sorry ma'am. Mama told us not to run, but we saw our favorite cookies," a little boy about five years old says to me. Him and his little brother look genuinely sorry, so I smile at them as I stand up. "It's alright, boys. I understand how exciting cookies can be," I tell them with a grin. They both giggle at me as I hear a woman frantically calling out, "Boys?! Bo? Tate?"

"Are you two Bo and Tate?" I ask them nicely. "Yes ma'am. Mama gonna be mad, Bo," little Tate tells him. "It's okay, Tater, I'll tell her it was my fault," he tells him seriously. I think my heart just melted. An older brother who is willing to take the blame is just too precious for words. He seems so wise for his age.

"Ma'am, your boys are down here," I call out to get her attention. "Oh thank god! Boys! You scared mama half to death! Thank you so much for helpin' them find me," she tells me sincerely before giving me a hug. I hug her back awkwardly. The only person that I'm used to hugging is Mariah because she is like a sister to me.

As I lean back I get a good look at her. She's a short, really attractive blonde with blue eyes. She seems to be in her mid-thirties I would say. I feel really frumpy in my jean shorts, tank top, flip flops and my hair in a messy bun, with no make up on. "I'm Caroline, and I guess you've met Tate and Bo. Bo is five and Tate is three," she tells me happily. "It's nice to meet you, Caroline. I'm Lexy D'Angelo. And yes, I've met your adorable little boys. I beg you to not be too harsh on them considering I know how it feels to get excited over cookies too," I plead with a wink. She laughs and says, "You're too sweet. Wow you're a breath of fresh air. I'm used to people being judgmental when my boys act up," she tells me kindly. "Really? They're just little boys. It's expected that boys be roudy and cause some trouble," I tell her with a laugh.