Chapter 12

~ Four Days Later Brantley POV ~

I know what y'all are thinkin'. Yer thinkin' that I'm a jerk and I should've supported Lexy. I love Lexy and I didn't walk away to hurt her. It hurt me to walk away from her, but dis is huge. A baby ain't like bringin' home a puppy. A child is in yer care for the rest of yer life. Do I really want dat responsibility? Lexy and I have only been together for bout four months. How do I know dis woman enough to have a child wit 'er?

Mama tried callin' me and comin' by the house, but I avoided her. I knew she'd rip me a new one if she knew what really happened. I know that Lexy didn't tell mama dat she's pregnant cause mama would've broken the door down instead of leavin' phone messages. Thank god the tour starts back up today. The only problem is now I have to see my Lexy. Don't get me wrong, I wanna see 'er, but I'm afraid of how she's gonna react to seein' me. Things are gonna be so awkward. I gotta tell Luke what's goin' on. Juss cause I don't know what I wanna do wit Lexy and the baby, don't mean I don't want Lexy taken care of. Luke promises me he'll take care of 'er on his bus, after he yells at me for 'bein' stupid' as he calls it.

I'm layin' in mah bed on the bus wit Sy. Sy's lookin' at me all depressed. "Yeah, you and me both, buddy. I miss 'er too. I don't know if I'm ready for dis though, boy," I talk to the dog. He huffs before jumping off the bed. "Well screw ya den," I tell him. I sigh as mah phone rings again. I guess I can't keep avoidin' mama. "Hey there, Angel," I try to butter her up. "Brantley Keith Gilbert! Ya better have a good reason for our girl, Lexy runnin' back to New Jersey!" she yells into the phone. "Mama, it's personal and it's between Lexy and I," I tell her quietly. "Screw that! Tell me right this second, or I will fly out there mahself!" she yells loudly. I sigh and whisper, "She's pregnant, mama."

"You let yer pregnant girlfriend leave? How could ya just walk out on her like that? I raised ya better than that! I'm so disappointed in you. Did ya know when I first got pregnant wit you, yer daddy left me?" she asks me sadly. "I'm sorry Angel. I didn't know dat," I whisper to her. "Dis is different, mama. You and daddy were married and knew each other since you was kids. I've only known Lexy for about six months. We've only been together for four months," I try to explain to her.

"Brantley, is she pregnant with your baby?" she asks me quietly. "Yes, she is mama," I tell her. "Then you should be there for her. Period. She didn't get pregnant on her own and I know that Lexy is a sweet girl. She would never do this on purpose to hurt you or to trap you," she tells me seriously.

"She told me she wouldn't tell anyone if I didn't want 'er to and that she's keepin' the baby with, or without me," I whisper. "Well there you go!" she tells me loudly. "I asked 'er how dis could happen since she was on birth control," I tell her quietly. "You did what? Brantley, I could smack the hell outcha right now!" she yells at me. "After the cyst burst on 'er ovary, she went on the pill. She told me the doctor said the birth control was ineffective when she got sick and went on antibiotics," I tell her quietly. "Yer such an idiot! Ya better make this right, Brantley Keith. You will regret ever leavin' that sweet woman. Think of yer child. Do ya want yer child growin' up without a daddy? Or how bout when Lexy meets a new man and he becomes yer child's daddy? Lexy is a beautiful woman and will have no problems findin' a REAL man to take care of her and her baby. I can't even talk to ya right now. You made me so upset whicha. Just go fix things!" she yells before hangin' up on me.

I close mah eyes and try to imagine Lexy wit a new man in 'er life. My fists clench and I jump outta bed. "I gotta go for a ride," I mumble before headin' out to mah bike.

~ Lexy POV ~

"You can do this. He is the one in the wrong. You hold your head up high and go on as if he doesn't exist," Riah tries to pep talk me as I'm preparing to fly to the next town of the tour. "Right. He's a douche and doesn't deserve to be in this baby's life if he's just gonna walk away," I say to her before giving her a huge hug. "I'm gonna miss you. I love you. I'll see you in a month, when the tour ends," I tell Riah as she hugs me back. "I'll miss you too. I love you. Stay strong and if you need me to come out there and beat his ass, I will," she promises. "Gotcha," I tell her as I pull away. I pick up my carry on and wave one last time as I walk to my gate.