Epilogue

A/N: I'm so pissed off! I had the whole chapter typed up and I decided to change the title of the chapter. I didn't know that would delete the entire chapter!! If this isn't any good, it's because I'm annoyed and I'm rushing to get this done. I loved writing this story, but I feel like Lexy and BG's story is complete. I've started a new story about a sexy Marine. This story is my first that does not have BG in it. Sorry about that ladies, but this man is also sexy.

"Dere's nothin' more beautiful than seein' ya feedin' our baby boy," Brantley whispers in my ear. "I've never felt love like this," I reply as I stroke his soft head. "I know whacha mean. It's like I just wanna protect him from the world," he replies.

~ 6 Months Later ~

"I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss your bride," the officiate tells Brantley. BG grins before capturing my lips in a soft, but meaningful kiss. "I love you," he mumbles against my lips and I say it back before the officiate announces, "Ladies and gentlemen, may I present, Mr. and Mrs. Brantley Gilbert!" BG takes my arm as we walk down the aisle. He stops to take Domiano from mama and we continue onto our reception.

As BG twirls me around the dance floor, neither of us can stop grinning and kissing each other. "Darlin', yer da most beautiful bride I ever saw. I'm the luckiest guy in the world. I know it took me a long time to realize dat and I'm so sorry. I promise dat I'll never hurt ya like dat again for the rest of our lives," he promises me as he leans in for a kiss.

We hear our guests tapping their wine glasses and we laugh before leaning in for another deep kiss. "Darlin', let's sneak away. I think we need to take dis upstairs. We need to work on baby number two," BG whispers huskily in my ear. "Mr. Gilbert, we can't just leave our guests down here," I try to tell him bashfully. "Mrs. Gilbert, we're the bride and groom. We can do whatever da hell we wanna do, girl," he tells me with a mischeivious grin. I grin back before allowing him to drag me into the house. I'm pretty sure that's when our second child was conceived.

~ 17 Years Later ~

I survey Luke's backyard and I see my gorgeous wife of seventeen years, is braiding our ten year old daughter, AJ's hair while talking to Caroline. She's still just as beautiful as the first day I met her. Our two teenage boys, Matthew and Connor are playing football with Tate and Bo. We're celebrating Caroline's birthday and there's other friends and some family walking around the yard. I take another glance around and look for my oldest son, Domiano, and Luke's youngest, Savannah. Neither are to be found in the crowd. I have a feeling I know where they are. I'm afraid to go looking. They're seniors in high school and they've been dating for about a year now, when Dom finally woke up and realized he loved Savannah.

I make my way inside and try to sneak up the stairs. As I walk towards Savannah's door, I can see it's closed. Before I can knock on the door, Luke speaks from behind me, "What're ya doin' brother?" "Oh I was um lookin' for the bathroom. Ya know I have a terrible memory. I always forget where it is," I try to lie. Before Luke can reply, we both hear a loud moan come from behind Savannah's door. I close my eyes as I realize that my son is about to get his ass kicked. I hear Luke throw Savannah's door open and I follow Luke inside. Savannah and Dom are both topless and she's laying on top of him. He wraps his arms around her to cover her.

"What da fuck is this?! Dom, get the hell outta my house! I can't believe ya disrespected me in my own home like that! Savannah put your shirt on!" Luke yells at them both. "Luke, let's just calm down now. They're teenagers. Don't ya remember what you were like at their age? Ya can't tell me ya weren't doin' the same," I try to reason with him as I hold him back from going at my son.

As Dom is helping Savannah put her shirt on, Caroline yells out from behind us,"Thomas Luther Bryan! Leave them alone! They love each other. Remember when you and I were dating? We were crazy about each other. These two love each other and they're good kids."

"I don't care! He did this in my home, Caroline! I want him out, NOW!" he yells. "Daddy, please don't make Dom go," Savannah begs him. "I love him and he loves me. You can't keep us apart," she explains as tears fall from her eyes. "Luke, I love your daughter. I've always loved her and I always will love her. She's going to be my wife some day. I promise you, I won't hurt her," Dom tries to convey his love for Savannah. "I still want ya outta my house, Dom. You disrespected me. I need to speak to my family," he tells Dom.

"Dom, let's go. We need to give Luke some time. Say goodbye to Savannah," I tell him quietly. "NO! Daddy please!?" Savannah clings to Dom. He kisses her softly and whispers to her before pulling her hands off of the shirt that he slipped back on. Dom slowly backs away from her with a helpless look as she sobs. Luke pulls her to him and she struggles to get out of his arms as we leave her bedroom. I hear Dom sigh after he shuts Savannah's door.

"Don't worry, son. Luke just needs some time to cool down. He'll understand dat yer probably the best choice for his only daughter. He already knows in his heart, dat ya love each other and yer gonna be together for a long time," I tell him quietly as I squeeze his shoulder. He nods before following me down the stairs.

Lexy isn't too happy to hear what has occured, but she agrees that we should leave and give Luke some time to cool off. "Look Dom, I'm a father and I have a daughter too. When AJ starts to date in thirty years, I'm gonna follow 'er around wit a shotgun," I explain to him with a cheeky grin. Lexy smacks me before saying, "Brantley Keith Gilbert, our daughter is NOT going to be the forty year old virgin. Quit saying that she's not gonna date until she's thirty. I saw her eyeing up Lee's son," she tells me with a grin. "No she wasn't! Dat little shit better keep his hands and his eyes to himself!" I yell.

A week later, we have the Bryans over for a family dinner. Luke explains that he just wants the best for his daughter. He says that he's not ready to be a grandpa and that he wants her to attend college and make something of herself. Dom apologizes as well for disrespecting Luke's rules in his home and reassures him that he wants the same things for Savannah, that Luke does. They hug and make up and the family is happy again. Lexy grins at me and I wink at her across the room.

For the rest of the night, Savannah and Dom are attached at the hip. If she goes to the kitchen, Dom follows. If he goes to sit on the couch, she's right behind him. I can tell that their love is real and it makes me happy to know that my son has found the love of his life, so early. I'm glad that he realized his love for Savannah and didn't screw up like I did. I regret all of the times I ever made my Lexy cry. Thank god she forgave me or I would be a lonely old man. I wrap my arm around her shoulders and kiss her head. She grins up at me and lays her head on my shoulder. As I look around the room, I realize dat this is exactly where I wanna be.