THIRTY

Aurora sat cross legged on the maroon couch besides Ginny, both of the girls were finishing their homework whilst talking about the upcoming Ball

"Has Fred asked you yet?" Ginny asked causing the black haired witch to blush furiously.

"Erm..no," she stuttered as she paid extra attention to the Potions work in front of her.

Before the red haired girl could reply, the door to the common room flew open catching the attention of all the students on the inside. Aurora and Ginny placed their books and quills down onto the table in front of them before they looked up to see Fred and George holding Ron upright as they brought him into the room, Lee following close behind.

The boys set their younger brother down onto an armchair close by to the two girls who quickly moved closer.

"What happened to him?" Ginny asked, getting up and going over to Ron's side, placing her hand on his shoulder as he looked ahead with his mouth open.

"The poor bloke just asked Fleur Delacour out," Lee explained, his voice amused.

"What?" Aurora asked in disbelief, "What did she say?"

"No, of course," Hermione guessed as she came over and looked at Ron for confirmation, he slowly shook his head, "She sad yes?"

"Don't be silly," George said, snickering at his brother.

Ron cleared his throat, "There she was, walking by....You know how I like it when they walk. I couldn't help it, it just slipped out."

"Actually, he sort of screamed at her," Fred admitted.

"And what did you do then?" Ginny asked.

"What else? I ran for it!" Ron exclaimed.

Aurora looked over at Fred and the pair couldn't help but laugh at the younger boy. Fred nodded towards the corner of the common room causing Aurora to stand up and meet him there.

"Did you know he'll do it?" She asked, letting out a small laugh as they sat down on a windows ledge.

Fred gasped dramatically,"What would make you think that I would do that? To my own brother?!"

Aurora raised one of her eyebrows up at the red haired boy.

"Okay, yeah I did," Fred finally admitted causing the girl to laugh.

He watched her closely as she placed her hand over her mouth to muffle her laughter. Her chocolate coloured eyes squinted and a slight dimple appeared in her right cheek.

"Any date for the Ball yet?" Fred finally asked.

"Nah, I don't think I'll go," Aurora admitted, fiddling with her fingers, "You asked your mystery girl yet?"

Fred shook his head, "No, not yet."

"Well what are you waiting for?" Aurora asked nudging him on the shoulder, "Better get her before anyone else does."

Fred looked into her eyes, "Yeah, I should," he muttered under his breath. His piercing stare looking right into her soul as she stared back at him. The pair getting lost in each other's brown eyes.

"Do you want to go to the Ball with me?"

"What?"

Fred cleared his throat and wiped his sweaty palms on his jeans, his breathing was fast as he felt himself breaking a sweat on his forehead, he stuttered mindlessly whilst Aurora blushed furiously, her own palms becoming sweaty as she looked at Fred; who wouldn't meet her gaze at all. The silence between the pair was deafening.

Fred finally let out a shaky breath, "You don't have to say yes. I don't want to make things weird between us," he cleared the air, "But I was wondering if you'd want to come to the Ball.....with me?"

Aurora's mouth felt dry, she wasn't expecting Fred to ask that question, "W-what about the girl you wanted to ask?" she asked, her eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

Fred sighed, his eyes not losing contacts with hers, "That girl was you," he finally admitted. His face almost as red as his hair.

"Oh," Aurora muttered, her voice surprised but her eyes sparkled as a wide smile appeared on her lips, "Yes."

"Really?" Fred asked, he couldn't believe she had agreed to go with him. He was so sure she would've gotten up and ran off.

Aurora didn't say anything, instead she nodded her head causing a large smile appear on Fred's lips. She quickly moved closer placing a lingering kiss on the boy's cheek before she stood up winking at Ginny as the two girls made their way upstairs to the girl's dormitories.

Fred stared at Aurora's back as she left, his eyes and mouth wide as his hand gingerly touched his cheek before he too stood up and made his way to the boy's dormitories, leaving a smirking group of boys downstairs in the common room.

A/N: This was just a short filler chapter, I didn't want to do the whole cliche thing of him not asking her and then finally asking her at the Ball because I feel like there's already enough of those stories out there, so I just kind of changed it all up a bit. I hope you guys like it though.