SIXTY-NINE

Remus, Tonks and Aurora appeared in the kitchen of number twelve Grimmauld Place. Where Mr and Mrs Weasley were sat at the top of the dining table, with Fred and George a few seats down. They all jumped from the unexpected noise and turned their heads to look at the trio. The sighed in relief before finally noting how they all looked; especially Aurora. 

Her hair was matted to her face from the tears, dirt covered her entire body and she was visibly shaking. Not to mention the dried blood on her face and hands.

Mrs Weasley placed a hand on Fred's shoulder, silently pleading him to not get up, before she walked over to the trio, "What happened?" she softly asked Remus, who shared a look with Tonks. Before either one of them replied Aurora moved out of Remus' grip. She slowly made her way out of the dining room, swaying from side to side as she walked. 

No one spoke, the only sound came from the black haired girl's boots before it finally disappeared when she apparated out of the dining room. Fred's head whipped away from the door and he stood up, "What the hell happened to her?" He asked, his voice angry as he clenched his jaw.

"Sirius..." Tonks muttered, "....he didn't make it."

Gasps were heard around the dining room. Mrs Weasley placed her hand over her mouth as tears gathered in her eyes; they were tears of sadness, Sirius was extremely hot-headed however he was also one of the kindest people you'd meet. He invited the Weasleys over and let them stay whenever they wanted, he helped when Arthur was in hospital to make their time at Grimmauld Place comfortable. The tears were also tears of sadness for Aurora, poor little Aurora, who just got her father back only to lose him before she could even spend any proper time with him. 

"I'm so sorry," Arthur spoke up, due to Mrs Weasley not being able to form any words due to shock. She placed a comforting hand on Remus' arm, knowing very well that he was also hurting; his last best friend was now dead.

A chair squealing made everyone turn their heads to Fred, who stood up abruptly and apparated out of the dining room. He apparated to Aurora's bedroom, but frowned when he didn't find her in there. He opened the door and walked out into the corridor, hearing soft sniffles coming out of Sirius' room. He sighed sadly before opening the door, his heart broke in two when he saw Aurora lying on her father's bed, tears streaming out of her eyes as she clutched his old leather jacket to her chest.

Fred quietly walked in, sitting down at the foot of the bed. Aurora felt the presence of someone sitting at her feet but she didn't move; she couldn't move. A large hand placed itself on her leg causing her to finally look up. She tried to smile at her boyfriend but her face didn't allow it, instead she flung herself into his arms, as her body shook from tears.

"I'm--I'm going to kill her," Aurora said into his ear.

"What?" Fred asked, feeling confused, "Who?"

"Bellatrix Lestrange."

Fred was still confused before he finally put the pieces together; Bellatrix Lestrange killed Sirius Black. 

"I'm so sorry, A," Fred whispered into her hair, feeling his own tears streaming down his face, "I should have been there with you."

"It's okay, Fred," Aurora sniffled, "I wouldn't have wanted you there anyways, you could've got hurt."

"Let's get you cleaned up, yeah?" He asked, pulling away to inspect her injured face, his jaw clenching as he saw the bruises on her neck and instantly knew they were fingerprints.

Aurora shook her head, "I just want to sleep, if that's okay."

Fred smiled sadly at her and placed a gentle kiss on her forehead, "Of course it is," he told her, "Let me know if you need anything, yeah? I love you."

"I love you too, Freddie," Aurora replied before she laid back down onto the bed, the leather jacket still tightly in her grasp. 

Fred let out a sad sigh as he watched her shoulders shaking. He wanted to stay besides her but he knew she didn't want him to see her like this; even though he didn't care - he wanted to be there for her- but she needed and wanted her space and he had to respect that. He stood up off the bed before bending down to place a gentle kiss on her head, "If you need me to stay I can," he offered.

Aurora shook her head, "I just want to be alone."

Fred nodded his head and made his way to the bedroom door. He took one last glance at the girl over his shoulder before he gently closed the door behind himself and apparated back into the dining room; which was now filled with everyone from the Order as well as Harry, Ron, Ginny, Luna and Neville, who all looked exhausted.

Quietly, Fred sat back down at the dining table, he placed his elbows on the table with his head in his hands, closing his eyes briefly. It was deadly quiet at Grimmauld Place. The only sound was Mrs Weasley rushing around the children getting them all cleaned up and sent off either upstairs to bed or back to their own families. She then began to work hard in the kitchen, cleaning the pots and pans before cooking up some food in them.

A hand gently rested on Fred's shoulder and he briefly looked up to se George standing above him, smiling sadly at him, "How's she holding up?"

Fred gave him a look.

"Right," George muttered shaking his head, "Stupid question, sorry."

"I don't know what to do, Georgie," Fred muttered as George took a seat besides him, "I don't think she's going to be okay for a long time."

"Just be there for her," George told him, "We'll all be there for her. That's all we can do right now, Freddie."