THIRTY-EIGHT

Aurora's throat tightened as her mouth dried. How could this be possible? How could he be back? She hugged Harry tighter as he cried, "Cedric, he asked me to bring his body back. I couldn't leave him. Not there."

"It's alright, Harry," Dumbledore quietly said, his large hand placed comfortingly on Harry's shaking shoulder, "It's alright. He's home. You both are."

"The body must be moved, Dumbledore," Somebody said, Aurora couldn't focus as tears streamed down her face, "There are too many people."

"Let me through!" A loud voice demanded, "Let me through! Let me through! That's my son! That's my boy."

Aurora moved her head up as she noticed Mr Diggory falling down to his knees besides his son. Tears running down his face as he laid his head on Cedric's unmoving chest. 

"Come on, get up," Professor Moody came over. He tried prying Harry away from Aurora, but the boy clutched to her for his dear life, "This is not where you want to be right now. Come on!"

"No!" Harry cried out, his face pressed into his God-sister's shoulder as his tears caused her jacket to get damp.

Professor Moody then looked up at the girl, his eyes glaring at her as if he was trying to convince her to leave Harry alone, she shook her head at him as she clenched her jaw, "I'm not leaving my brother," she explained, her hand stroking Harry's hair.

"Well, then both of you, get up," Professor Moody demanded. He grabbed hold of Aurora's bicep bringing both teenagers up onto their feet and dragging them with him, "Trust me, it's better to leave."

Aurora couldn't help but feel sick. Her body didn't seem to agree with the Professor and nerves kicked in. She quickly glanced behind her back, her eyes locking with Fred's; he looked confused until he saw she was leading Harry away. However her eyes told him a different story; she looked scared, that's when he noticed the tight grip Moody had on his girlfriend before she disappeared out of sight.

"Are you all right, Potter?" Professor Moody asked once the pair of teenagers sat down in his office, he pointed to Harry's arm which was sporting a long cut downwards, "Does it hurt?"

Harry sniffled and shook his head, "Not so much now," he explained, his uninjured hand squeezing Aurora's, who gave him a reassuring smile. 

"Perhaps I should take a look at it."

Aurora moved Harry away from the Professor, blocking his way by standing in front of the injured boy, "Perhaps Madam Pomfrey should take a look at it," she said, her tone cold and stern as her eyes didn't flicker off the man in front of her.

"The cup was a Portkey," Harry said, causing Aurora to break her eye-contact as she looked back at him, her face saddened at his expression, "Someone had bewitched it."

Aurora felt her stomach turn, the only person to have touched that Cup before Harry and Cedric was Professor Moody. She moved her hand slightly, grabbing hold of the end of her wand just in case.

"What was it like?" Moody asked, his glass eye swivelled around as if it was an excited dog wagging its tail, "What was he like?"

Harry scrunched his eyebrows in confusion, "Who?"

"The Dark Lord, of course," The Professor said, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world, "What was it like to stand in his presence?"

Harry shrugged, his face scrunching up in pain, "I dunno...It was like I'd fallen into one of my dreams...One of my nightmares."

"Were there others?" Moody asked, "In the graveyard, were there others?"

Aurora scrunched her eyebrows up as she looked between the Professor and Harry, graveyard? What graveyard?

Harry opened his mouth and then closed it again, he looked up at Aurora and shared a worried look before he turned to the eager Professor, "I don't think I said anything about a graveyard, Professor."

"Marvelous creatures, dragons, aren't they?" Moody said, turning his back to the teenagers before he walked over to a shelf, "Did you think that miserable oaf would've led you into the woods if I hadn't suggested it? Do you think Cedric Diggory would've told you to open the egg underwater....If I hadn't told him first myself? Did you think Neville Longbottom, the witless wonder could've provided you with Gillyweed if I hadn't given him the book that led him straight to it?"

"It was you," Harry concluded, his voice wavering as he spoke, "You put my name in the Goblet."

Aurora's breathing became faster, her heart hammered away in her chest as she grabbed onto her wand tighter. She took it out of her jeans and held it at the side of her body whilst Harry spoke with the Professor. The black haired witch quickly raised her wand but before she could mutter out a spell the Professor already had his wand pointed at her, "Crucio.

She dropped her wand as she fell to the ground withering in pain. Her screams pierced through Harry's ears and tears slipped out of her eyes which she closed tightly due to the pain. 

"Stop it!" Harry shouted jumping up from the seat, he tried to reach Moody to knock his wand out but before he could move closer the wizard had his wand pointed straight at Harry's chest.

"You don't want to do that, dear boy," He said. His voice low as he glared at the young boy.

Aurora laid on the ground. The pain had stopped but her body still twitched, the pain was unbearable. It was nothing that she had ever felt in her life before, her eyes were threatening to close but she couldn't leave Harry alone with this maniac

"Stupefy!"There was a blinding flash of white light before the door to Moody's office came crashing down. Professor Dumbledore, Professor McGonagall and Professor Snape all gathered around the dark wizard catcher, their faces stern as Professor Snape pushed him into a chair then used his wand to bind the man in ropes.

The potions Professor then took out a small vile out of his robe pocket and forced the content of it down Moody's throat. As he did so Professor McGonagall and Harry ran towards a twitching Aurora.

The Head of Gryffindor house pressed her hand against the girl's forehead as she stared sadly down at her, "He didn't" she muttered under her breath as she watched the young girl let out a few more tears.

"He did," Harry confirmed, he saw how tightly McGonagall's jaw tightened, he had never seen the woman so angry. Not even when he snook out at night in his second year and almost lost all of the Gryffindor House Points. The Professor gently took out her wand and a floaty hospital bed came flying through the entrance of the office. She gently placed Aurora into it before she left the office to take the girl down to the Hospital Wing.

"Polyjuice Potion," Professor Snape confirmed as he sniffed the liquid inside of Professor Moody's flask.

Harry watched in fear as Professor Moody's face changed, his glass eye fell out of its socket and rolled over to where Harry was standing before Professor Moody was no longer sat in the chair.

"Barty Crouch Junior," Dumbledore announced.