EIGHTY-FIVE

Sitting besides Remus and Tonks, Aurora couldn't help the smile that was resting on her face.

It'd been three days since the expecting parents got married, and everyone could agree that marriage looked great on them both, especially Remus. He looked much happier; even in such a scary period of time. Aurora felt incredibly happy for her godfather, he was finally getting the family he always deserved but was too afraid of himself to have.

"I'm not telling you what to do, I'm just saying. Aurora is a great baby name," The black haired woman said, "Aurorer for a boy?" She scrunched her face at the name that just slipped past her tongue.

Remus rolled his eyes, sharing a look with Tonks, "It's a great name," He nodded, casually siping his cup of tea, "But it'd be a bit confusing for the baby to have the same name as hers or his Godmother."

"Wait. W-what?" Aurora's chocolate coloured eyes were wide, her expression confused as she looked between the married couple, "Wha-what did you just say?"

Tonks and Remus smiled at each other. The metamorphagus placed one hand on her round stomach and her other hand on top of Aurora's - that was resting on the small kitchen table in Remus' cottage - looking at the gobsmacked witch, "We want you to be the baby's godmother," Tonks confessed, a wide smile on her face as she looked hopeful,

"A-are you serious?" Aurora stuttered.

Both Remus and Tonks - with large beaming smiles on their faces - nodded their heads as Aurora squealed with happiness, "Yes! Of course, yes!" She exclaimed, the widest grin plastered on her face as she jumped out of her seat before she engulfed the married couple in a tight hug.

She could hear them both chuckling as she embraced them; being extra careful of Tonks' stomach, "I can't believe it," She muttered, pulling away from the couple.  

"Well you better," Tonks chuckled, sending Aurora a small, playful wink.

"Why me?" The black haired witch suddenly, asked, "I mean, I love that you asked me, and everything, and I wouldn't change it for the world, but--"

"Breathe," Remus cut off her rambling, chucking quietly at her reaction, "We love you and we want you to take care of our baby if something were to...you know."

Understandingly, Aurora nodded her head, sitting back down in her chair.

"And also..." Remus began nervously, "I never thought that I would get this kind of opportunity," He spoke, his voice trembling slightly as Tonks nodded encouragingly at him, "It was actually your mum who opened me up to the idea of maybe starting a family eventually."

"M-my mum?" Aurora stammered, her hand subconsciously gripping the ring that was placed on a chain around her neck.

Remus smiled, "Yeah, your mum," He breathed out, "I promised her to make her the Godmother to my first child, if I were to every have one..."

"Can you tell me about her?" 

Remus' smile widened as his eyes looked sad, "Of course," He nodded, clearing his throat, "Her name was Phoenix Stone. Well, actually, it was Elizabeth Stone but she absolutely despised that name."

Aurora straightened up. Her eyes were fixated on Remus as he spoke.

"She was an incredible person. She was a fellow Gryffindor, coming from a Muggleborn family she found it hard at first, until she met Lily - Harry's mum - and became best friends with her. The pair were practically glued to the hip," He chuckled, reminiscing the old times, "Both of them being pestered by James and Sirius," He noticed Aurora's amused expression, "That's right, your father practically pestered Phoenix everyday to go out with him. Of course, she thought he was just joking around seeing as they were pretty good friends and Sirius had a bit of a lady's man reputation."

A small smile was placed upon Aurora's lips as she listened to Remus speak about her mum and dad and their time at Hogwarts. She couldn't deny the pain in her heart, she would have loved to met her mother properly and would have loved to lived with her and Sirius somewhere in a cosy, Scottish cottage. Her heart ached knowing that that could never happen. She didn't even realise the small tear that sneakily escaped her chocolate eyes until Tonks pulled her into a loving hug.

AN- So, I've been thinking and I've gotten an idea for a Sirius Black story as like a prequel for this, like between Sirius and Aurora's mum? If I write it, it'd be after this one is finished. What do you guys think?