FIFTY-THREE

As soon as Aurora Black was released from the Hospital Wing, Fred Weasley was there by her side; he carried her books for her, pulled chairs out for her to sit, and of course glared and planned to put Puking Pastels into Umbridge's tea. 

Even the following week the ginger haired boy was still attached to Aurora's hip, only ever leaving her side when she went up to her dorm or they got separated due to having different classes.

George and Lee obviously teased the boy about it, however Fred teased George about the fact that every time Aurora looked at him he's mutter a 'I'm so sorry for almost killing you', and no matter how many times the girl had told him she'd forgiven him, he simply carried on. Lee suggested that he was scared of Sirius and so he wanted to stay in Aurora's good books. 

The four seventeen year olds strolled through the Halls of the school, Aurora's shoulder bag was placed securely on Fred's left shoulder and he held her injured hand, stroking over the scarred skin. 

"Pardon me, Professor, but what exactly are you insinuating?" A shrill voice said from around the corner.

Aurora shared a confused look with Fred as she noticed a large group of students forming at the bottom of the staircase. She pulled Fred along as she went to stand besides Harry, who gave her a small smile upon seeing her.

Aurora raised an eyebrow at the boy but he just merely nodded towards the staircase. Her chocolate brown eyes followed his green ones to see Professor Umbridge and Professor McGonagall standing on the staircase, practically glaring at one another.

"I am merely requesting that when it comes to my students you conform to the prescribed disciplinary practises," Professor McGonagall said, her voice was calm however her eyes looked as if they were on fire.

Umbridge let out a girly giggle, "So silly of me, but it sounds as if you're questioning my authority in my own classroom, Minerva."

Professor McGonagall stepped on a higher stair and glared down at Professor Umbridge, "Not at all, Dolores, merely your medieval methods."

Aurora shared a quick look with Harry, before the pair of them glanced down at their own hands which were now scarred due to the pink toad of a Professor. 

"I am sorry, dear," Professor Umbridge said, "But to question my practises is to question the Ministry...and by that extend...the Minister himself," She took two steps and was now peering over Professor McGonagall, she turned to face the group of students that had gathered to watch the scene unfold and cleared her throat, "I am a tolerant woman...but the one thing I will not stand for is disloyalty. Things at Hogwarts are far worse that I feared. Cornelius will want to take immediate action," And with that she turned back around and made her way up the long staircase. 

★★★★

Fred's arm was tightly wrapped around Aurora's shoulder as she cuddled into his side, her eyes were sad as she watched Professor Trelawney crying. 

"Sixteen years I have lived and taught here," She cried clutching tightly onto her handbag as her large eyes looked at Professor Umbridge, "Hogwarts is my home. You can't do this."

"Actually I can," Umbridge smugly replied. 

Aurora glared at the women as her jaw tightened, she sighed in relief as she watched Professor McGonagall running out of the building and onto the scene.

"Something you'd like to say?" Professor Umbridge asked, tilting her head to the side as she send McGonagall a sly smirk.

"Oh, there are several things I'd like to say," Professor McGonagall replied as she held onto a crying and trembling Trelawney. 

"Professor McGonagall, might I ask you to escort Sybil back inside?" Professor Dumbledore's loud voice echoed through the grounds.

Professor McGonagall nodded her head as she grabbed Trelawney's suitcase and led her back inside the castle, stopping on the way as Trelawney said a shaky 'Thank you' to Dumbledore. 

"Dumbledore," Professor Umbridge said turning around to glare at the Headmaster, "May I remind you that under the terms of Education Decree Number-"

"You have the right to dismiss my teachers," Dumbledore interrupted her shrill voice, "You do not, however, have the authority to banish them from the school grounds. That power remains with the Headmaster.

Aurora's glare hardened as she heard Umbridge giggling, "For now," she said as she walked past Professor Dumbledore and back into the school, Filch quickly following her like a lost puppy.

"Don't you all have studying to do?" Dumbledore asked the large crowd of students, causing them to break apart immediately as he turned around and returned back to the castle. 

"George, I think we might need something a bit stronger than Puking Pastels," Fred said, turning his head to look at his twin.

"Fred, I fully agree with you on that."