FIFTY-SIX

"How are you feeling, Ron?" Aurora asked as she and the twins joined Hermione, Ron, Harry and Ginny at the Gryffindor table in the Great Hall. The three seventeen year olds were already sporting their Quidditch robes as they got comfortable on the bench.

Ron didn't answer, instead he was staring into the milk that was floating at the bottom of his almost-empty bowl. 

"He's just nervous," Harry explained, sipping his pumpkin juice.

"Well, that's a good sign. I never feel you perform as well in exams if you're not a bit nervous," Hermione said.

"I did pretty well and I wasn't nervous," Aurora muttered under her breath, causing the bushy haired witch to glare slightly at her. Aurora smiled innocently before she poured herself a cup of coffee. 

"Hello," A dreamy voice said from behind them. Aurora looked up; Luna Lovegood had drifted from the Ravenclaw table over to the group. Many other students were staring at her and a few were openly laughing and pointing due to the extravagant hat she was sporting on her head; it was shaped like a life-size lion's head.

"I'm supporting Gryffindor," Luna said, pointing to her hat, "Look what it does..."

She reached into her robes and pulled out her wand, slowly tapping the hat with it. The mouth of the lion opened wide and it gave an extremely realistic roar that made everyone close by jump. 

"It's good, isn't it?" Luna said, her pearly teeth showing as she smiled widely, "I wanted to have it chewing up a Serpent to represent Slytherin, you know, but there wasn't time. Anyway...Good luck, Ronald!" She waved at the ginger boy and skipped off back to the Ravenclaw table.

"She's insane," Ron muttered under his breath.

"I think she's great," Aurora confessed, shrugging her shoulders and watching as the girl sat down at the table by herself. Fred smiled at her before wrapping his arm around her shoulders and placing a gentle kiss on her forehead. 

"When you're ready," Angelina said as she walked over with Katie Bell by her side, "We're going to go straight down to the pitch, check out the conditions and what not."

"We'll be there in a bit," Harry assured her, "Ron's just got to have some breakfast."

However ten minutes went by and Ron still hadn't placed any food in his mouth, he seemed pretty content with staring into the half empty bowl. The group thought it'd be best to get him down to the pitch. As they all rose from their seats, Hermione pulled Harry's arm and moved him closer to Aurora and the twins.

"Don't let Ron see what's on those Slytherins' badges," Hermione whispered quickly before she dropped Harry's arm and moved closer to Ron, gingerly placing a kiss on his cheek, "Good luck, Ron."

Aurora shared a confused look with the twins and Harry as the group followed Ron away from the table. Aurora's brown eyes squinted as she tried to make out what the crown shaped badges that were proudly displayed on the Slytherin's robes said. It took a few seconds before she finally managed to read the words etched on them, 'Weasley is our King'.