𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐮𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧.

THE FIRE IN YOU.

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

LOST IN FIRE (book three)

°•        INTRODUCTION        •°

"        I'M NOT ANGRY.       "

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

46 DAYS SINCE PRAIMFAYA.

        "If you cut my neck, I will actually kill you."

"If I cut your neck, you'll be the one dead."

Harley rolled her eyes as she felt Murphy tug at one her long, brown strands of hair hesitantly. She had made the decision days ago, but it was only now she had mustered up enough confidence to ask Murphy to help her. He had been hesitant at first, wondering if his sister was talking nonsense or actually wanted this done before Harley put a knife in his hand, making him cave. She had her hair out of the ponytail she had worn since coming up to space, the dark hair's length coming down to her mid-back in preparation to be cut off.

"Do you even know if this will work?" Murphy questioned, twirling the strand around his finger before letting it fall. "Is the knife sharp enough? What if it doesn't come out straight?"

"Come on," Harley groaned. "I trust you." She tilted her head back, giving Murphy more permission than he already had. This time, he didn't respond, and she felt him picking up the a thicker strand and running two fingers down it. Harley kept still as his hand came to a stop above her shoulder, feeling the blade brush against it before pressing onto it more firmly. The piece he chose fell to the floor, Harley's gaze following it before clearing her throat. "Keep going."

Without another complaint or question, Murphy complied. Harley didn't move as he went around her head, matching each strand as neat as he could. She could feel the end pieces grazing against her neck, even the knife as it lightly brushed against her skin to cut off more of her hair. Harley felt like the minutes that went by were like hours, but that hadn't been anything new. She found out how easy it was to be bored in the ring compared to Earth, with no wars, no constant fighting for their lives.

"All done," Murphy speaking up broke Harley from her thoughts, forcing her back to the reality in space. She brought her hand up, skimming the finished product. The ends of the hair were pointed, but it rested above her shoulder, coming to a stop around her chin.

There were no mirrors in space, but Harley smiled in content. "Thanks, John," she said, rising to her feet. She looked down, seeing the hair he had cut off in a pool surrounding her boots. Harley nudged it aside with the tip of her shoe, brushing it away.