𝘃𝗶𝗶. LOYALTY MAKES YOU FAMILY.

LOYALTY MAKES YOU FAMILY.

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

LOST IN FIRE (book three)

°• CHAPTER SEVEN •°

" JOHN, EMORI, RAVEN,
BELLAMY, MONTY, HARPER,
AND ECHO ARE MY FAMILY. "

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

        The last thing Harley wanted was to be separated from Octavia after reuniting from so many years apart. But the two have their own problems to deal with. She had to worry about leading her people to the valley, and Harley couldn't get the picture of Octavia's expression when she had seen Echo and Bellamy together. She had considered Echo family after she forgave her, and knew what the girl she loved wanted to do. Harley can't force Octavia to forgive Echo, but they would have to come up with something along with Bellamy to help.

Polis, once they arrive, Harley sees is a wasteland. The tall tower she had remembered had crumbled on top of the bunker door, but with Bellamy's broken deal made with the prisoners, a hole was formed to walk in and out of. She had wandered inside the bunker only once, only to leave when a chill crawls up her spine. It's nothing like the first time she was there. Harley had seen so much blood on the walls and floor, she wondered how it wasn't a river yet. She had so many unanswered questions, but when she catches sight of Echo and Bellamy a distance away, she's reminded of what's important.

"Have you see Octavia?" Is the first question Bellamy asked after he nudged his way through the crowd, holding on to Echo's hand. His face is creased in concern, his forehead wrinkling like he was picturing the look on Octavia's face the day before as Harley was.

Harley shook her head. "I was only in there for a minute, but I didn't see her," she answered hesitantly. "But, Bellamy... Did you see that pit?" She questioned quietly. Harley supposed it didn't matter if any of the others heard the three when they survived there themselves and lived in whatever took place down there.

"Yeah. I did," Bellamy mumbled with a slow nod. Harley can sense what he wants to say, a plus of living with someone for six years and seeing them every day. Something happened in that bunker. Then he cleared his throat. "They call themselves Wonkru."

For a moment, Harley remembered what she told Octavia before she returned to space. That she was going to be an amazing leader who would bring peace between all the clans. Maybe Octavia did, or maybe she did something else, but Harley would only know if she asked her. "Wonkru," she echoed after Bellamy, the name sounding strange. "One clan... One people."

Bellamy's eyes flicker over Harley's head. She glances over her shoulder to see who he was staring at - Octavia, in her full armor complete with a red cape, leaving the bunker's opening with another woman Harley recognized from The Ark named Kara. She didn't seem to be in much pain anymore, only a fresh, clean white bandage wrapped around her arm. A scowl appeared on Octavia's face when she sees the three approaching, the glare directed at Echo mostly.