𝗶𝗶. WAY DOWN WE GO.

WAY DOWN WE GO.

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

LOST IN FIRE (book three)

°• CHAPTER TWO •°

" SOUNDS FAMILIAR. "

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

        The room Harley had been inside for the next six years was small, a hard cot pushed against the wall with a crumpled blanket draped over it. She knelt down, reaching into the space underneath it and pulling out a homemade bag. It was dusty, but she smiled to herself at the sight of it. She was still buzzing with excitement, the emotion so foreign it made her stomach churn and her head spin. This was the second time Earth had been a dream to Harley, and she could hardly wait to feel the grass and sun beating down on her again, be able to breath fresh air, and most of all, reunite with Octavia.

Back when Arkadia existed and was Harley's residence, she remembered hating the feeling of a gun being strapped to her waist. There were no guns in the ring, but Echo had given her the extra sword that bounced around for training. She tossed the bag on her bed, first grabbing the sheath and wrapping the material over her shoulder. The sword, a crafted long blade with a dark handle, was tucked into it, resting on her back. Harley didn't feel any uncomfort at the weight, in fact, she was grateful. It was a weapon she had learned how to use for six years, one she was familiar with.

Grabbing the strap of the bag, Harley started stuffing what she could into it. The only food was the algae provided by Monty, so she shoved other useful supplies into it, whatever she could find in her room up until the bag was heavy enough. She pulled out the old suit she had worn coming into space, stepping into the pants and letting the upper half hang around her waist, deciding she'd put it on fully when they figured this out. Still clutching the strap, it hung low near her leg as Harley strode out of her area to join the others.

Murphy was the first one out, having seeming like he was pacing the halls. Emori's voice from inside Raven's room filled the air. "Remember, radio me when John gets to the hangar bay," she instructed as the door swung open, Raven coming out in her spacesuit. "So I can go get my..." She stopped at the sight of him.

There was the same looked of hurt Harley had seen on her brother's face too many times as he loosely held up a bag that Harley could only assume was full of Emori's stuff. "Saved you the trouble," Murphy said flatly.

The tension is so thick that Harley could feel it as she watched Emori take the bag from Murphy and nodded. "Thanks." She looked over to Raven. "I'll start the preflight check." Then Emori is gone, throwing the strap over her shoulder.