𝘅𝘅𝗶𝘃. THE GIRL IN THE MIRROR.

THE GIRL IN THE MIRROR.

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

LOST IN FIRE (book three)

°• CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR •°

" SHE KILLED THE RED QUEEN! "

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

        Harley's world is black with spots of red that fill her vision. She blinks a few times until her vision clears then a quiet groan falls past her lips. She doesn't remember what happened. Not at first. It takes a minute or so to click. Then it all comes pouring in as if a dam had opened and there was suddenly no way to tape over the break. John Murphy was still alive. Harley nearly killed him, and that only meant her job wasn't done yet. Harley's limbs start to twitch as she regains feeling in them. Her skin is still warm as she pushes herself onto her knees so she can examine the room she was put in after feeling a needle pierce her neck. Thanks, Jackson, she angrily thinks. Harley debates putting him on her list after as she starts to stand but suddenly has no choice but to stop.

There are two leather bands enclosing her wrists that connect to a chain. Harley mashes her lips together and gives a harsh tug. Her skin could be sliced and magma would pour out when she realizes they chained her into a small room. Harley gives a testing tug but the chains hardly creak against the pull. There's no breaking free without a key if the lock hole around the cuffs say anything.

"Oh, great, she's up," a voice drawls from the corner. "Here we go again." Harley's head snaps towards the sound and sees none other than Emori. They don't seem too different now. The girl's curly hair has become frizzy, cheeks flushed, and eyes glazed over with anger. She must have lost her mind minutes after Harley did.

"Quiet, Emori," another one pitches in. Harley silently turns to see Echo. They're both chained in the same position she is.

Finally, Harley speaks. "Both of you shut it," she snaps. Her tone is colder than she felt. Everything else was burning. She brings her voice lower, darker. "Get me out of these chains, Echo. Now!"

"I couldn't even if I would, Harley. Bellamy has your key," Echo says without glancing in her direction. She's oddly calmer than either of them. "You tried to kill your brother. I'm sorry, but until the red sun effects wear off, you're staying put."

Fury unlike anything Harley had felt before started pumping so loud that it drummed like a beat in her ears. She was truly stuck here. "Get me out!" She's frantically yelling with another few frantic yanks. It doesn't budge but she can feel a burn starting to worm its way through her skin. It should break through and bleed soon, but she doesn't care. Harley continues to demand in multiple shouts to be let free as she plants the flat, sole of her boot against the wooden wall for leverage and pulls harder. Nothing works, but she doesn't give up.