𝗶. THE GARDEN OF EDEN.

THE GARDEN OF EDEN.

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

LOST IN FIRE (book three)

°•        CHAPTER ONE        •°

"        WE'LL FIND A WAY
OR WE'LL MAKE ONE.       "

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

SIX YEARS AND SEVEN DAYS LATER.

        The grunts from Echo and Raven training bounced off the walls of the ring. Harley had been observing from her seat across from Harper, legs crossed with her boots propped against the tabletop. The corner of her lips were upturned into a small smile, seeing her two close friends gaining the upper hand on one another. Raven seemed to like to train more like she refused to let her leg slow her down. By how intense it was, Harley would have been concerned, but after knowing the two for so long, it just seemed normal. There wasn't much to do in space, after all. Harley enjoyed doing so just as much.

"Soup's on!" Monty's call bounced off the walls of the ring. Echo, from where she had Raven in a tight chokehold, looked over her shoulder at the sound.

With her guard down, Raven's arm swung back, elbowing Echo in the side and managing to pin her to the ground. She had her arm pulled back in between her legs, up until Echo grunted in pain and patted her leg. Harley looked away as Raven laughed, victorious, as she released her and rolled away. "Yes! Finally!"

"Oh, come on. I let you win so we could eat," Echo countered stubbornly as they joined Harley at the table.

Harper spread out the bowls at the table, one at each seat. "This isn't eating, it's surviving," she pointed out. She nudged Harley's boot with her hand. "Move it, Harley," she instructed in amusement. Harley flashed her a smile before complying, pulling her crossed legs off the table and lowering them to the ground. Harper set a bowl where her leg was.

"Hey, the new and improved triple-G tastes better, and you know it," Monty argued, setting the bucket at the table. Harley remembered when her stomach churned at the taste, and although it still did, she at least didn't puke it up afterward.

"Did you just call our surviving meal triple-G?" Harley questioned, the name having caught her attention.

"He calls this one Green's green goop," Harper explained, making Harley laugh, not at all surprised by Monty's new name for it.

Monty nodded. "Better name too."

On Harley's left, Raven snorted, throwing a cloth onto her neck and wiping the beading sweat up. "And if by better, you mean doesn't want to make you violently hurl, then, yeah, it's an improvement," she agreed reluctantly.