𝘅𝘅𝘅𝗶𝗶𝗶. NEW PLAN: F*** IT.

NEW PLAN: FUCK IT.

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

LOST IN FIRE (book three)

°•        CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE        •°

"        YOU'RE GOING TO GET
EVERYONE KILLED!       "

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

A faint memory crosses Harley's mind as an army she's one with nears Sanctum. Finn Collins was a long-forgotten friend from so many years ago that she's almost lost sight of what he looked like before Clarke took his life. But words that he shared with Bellamy in the dropship stuck with her. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. The Primes became Harley's enemy the second she found out they were body snatchers. The Children of Gabriel had been her enemy since they killed Rose after giving Harley and Octavia an unnecessary beating. So she had to decide who she wanted to take down more.

Once the Primes were down, Harley would have to wait and see what was next. But Clarke was who they depended on. Her friend who, unlike Finn, was still alive despite what Russell Prime thought. Harley didn't know who carried as much faith as she had that Clarke could play her role. Bellamy certainly didn't. She could read it on his face.

The electric towers that held radiation barriers came into their view as they leave the bundle of trees. Harley suddenly stops. This was where the first death on Sanctum happened. The bolts of radiation burned Shaw severely and he died while wishing Raven nothing but happiness. Harley has known for what felt like a very, very long time that it wasn't her fault. She long accepted that. But standing a couple of feet away from the field that he died in brings another wave of guilt she could drown in.

It wasn't like Harley knew Shaw well enough. Not like Raven or Diyoza did. The only interactions they had were when he compared her to a name-shared motorcycle he used to own and when they bonded over mutual wrath towards Clarke over a fire. But Harley watched him take his last breath after he led them into what they didn't even know was a trap. It was still a traumatizing memory.

"What do we do now?" Layla asks as she signals the army to stop behind them.

"Now we wait." Bellamy doesn't even glance her way when he answers. Harley fears it has something to do with Octavia beside her.

The blue light from the electric towers gleams across Octavia's sharp face as she reminds her brother, "Clarke will get it down."

Harley smiles at that. She knew she wasn't the only one whose faith grew since leaving the anomaly. Octavia doesn't notice how proud she was, but she doesn't have to. She should be proud of her own accomplishment without another's approval. Harley only wished she felt the same when it came to what Bellamy thought of her.